Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I locked the screen, and where the clock of my glance screen should appear, there where only some gray pixels with other colors in it. The same happened when I pressed the power button, but for the whole screen.
I did a soft reset and everything is just normal again.
Has someone experienced the same?

Yes, I have had the same issue. Sadly resetting only soothes the symptoms: It's not a solution. It has happened to me about 3x and with all of them I was watching YouTube through IE.

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this has been stated or not, but does anyone have problems with apps not closing after you press the back button? Out annoys me greatly that the calendar, battery saver, and Facebook apps do not close. Is this suppose to happen or is it a bug?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this has been stated or not, but does anyone have problems with apps not closing after you press the back button? Out annoys me greatly that the calendar, battery saver, and Facebook apps do not close. Is this suppose to happen or is it a bug?

Apparently the apps go in background on purpose. Just close them in multitasking, I don't think it's so annoying.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the apps go in background on purpose. Just close them in multitasking, I don't think it's so annoying.
Agree, the idea is that an app in the background restarts faster since it's already in memory. The system will take care that the app is closed if more memory is needed. But if you don't want to rely on that you can always close the background apps by yourself.

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
My real concern is, are these apps affecting battery life? Have you had any experience with it draining any faster?

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
My real concern is, are these apps affecting battery life? Have you had any experience with it draining any faster?
I never tested it, but theoretically an inactive app in the memory doesn't drain the battery. If you use it often it may even be better to keep it there, to avoid data transport between flash and RAM when you start it up. On the other hand I always kill background apps, just to keep the system clean...

Christopher Lux

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I received my Lumia 930 last week. I have a big problem with the music player. I have a lot of music in AAC format (mp4 container) with high bitrates (around 300kpbs). From time to time the music player (XBox Music) just stops playing and won't resume playing. I can skip tracks but none of them start playing. The only solution is to restart the phone.

Is this a known issue?

Another cosmetic issue I have is that WhatsApp is somehow regarding the font size setting but still it renders the messages larger than the native messages app. All in all I find text too large for a 5" display even at the lowest text size setting :/. So much wasted space!

Balasubramaniam Ram

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I was able to reproduce this bug in both 720 and 920
1) Watch youtube in their mobile website in landscape mode(full screen)
2) exit from full screen but still in landscape mode.
3) The phone will hang now when you try to scroll down.
4) Hit the power button and the screen displays only the grey spots with other colours spread over.
5) The phone restarts after 5-10 mins.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Big delay when I hit the physical butter to launch the camera. Using the WP camera app. Never had any delay before.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This black Start Screen and Notification keeps on happening to me, more frequently after a reboot...the only way to fix is restarting the phone, very annoying.

wp_ss_20140715_0002.png
wp_ss_20140715_0003.png

akoj

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys.
Each time i reboot my Ativ S on 8.1 PfD all sounds(ringtone, SMS, Viber, Messenger etc.) go to default.
How can I solve this?

jacoboAR

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I upgraded to 8.1 and now I have several problems I can not solve. Hope you can help me.
No camera app works. Whenever I try to open the camera back to the menu of apps. I uninstalled several apps for nokia (nokia camera included) but can not get it to work. Does not work with other apps like whatsapp, skype, ...
Moreover, in the notification center, if I place the camera in one of the four options, the camera icon always appears colored. It is as if the camera was always open.

The live tile shows pictures photos predefined system, but inside there is no folder with these.

In whatsapp, every time I try to send a voice message, the app closes instantly.
In runstastic I feel the same. When I give back to start again at the menu of apps.

I tried to make a camera reset, a software reset, change the region and language .... Nothing works.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Latest bug with both wp8.1 and wp8.0 seems to be email sync not working with non-ms email accounts. Both my Plusnet email on lumia 620 8.1 and my partners Yahoo email on lumia 620 8.0 have failed to sync the last week or so!

Tried all the usual workarounds like soft reset, uninstall Skype, turn wifi on/off etc. None of those worked so had to delete Yahoo and Plusnet accounts from the phones and then re-install them. The Yahoo email works fine now (wp8.0). The Plusnet a/c (wp8.1) took a longer to eventually sync but seems to be working correctly now. Given these are two completely separate email accounts on two different versions of WP I suspect Microsoft have - again - made some back office updates or changes without informing anyone and messed up again as they recently did with the broken Calendar app. Does anyone have any further info on this one?

Forhad Zaman

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
my Sister's new Lumia 630 facing freeze problem and not responding to any touch for d last 3-4 hours after 8.1 update..
its showing a yellow square whenever I touch..
tried resetting (volume down + power button) and also removed d battery..

any solution??

DSC_01231.jpg
DSC_01251.jpg

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am running the developer preview however the 8.1 and cyan update is now available to me. I was hoping that my phone would just update to cyan but it says my phone is up to date and in the about section it says I am on Lumia Black.

Do I have to use the Nokia recovery tool in order to get cyan?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre