Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

wehtam721

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

After Updating: Florida map would downlaod to 86%, then cut out. Upon resume, message indicator displays less than 1MB remaining on download. Download would never complete.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm having the same issue on my Icon since the start of the developer preview. It seems to me like it only happens to some maps, though. Michigan and Ohio get stuck for me (say that they've successfully updated, but checking downloaded maps shows "resume download". Pressing this says that less than 1 MB remains), but Madrid and Catalonia in Spain both complete just fine. It seems to me also that these maps are actually fully downloaded, but the phone doesn't see them as such. I can turn off cellular data and search for points of interest without a problem (forcing the phone to use offline maps), but leaving cellular data on and using the maps, the maps app still uses a ton of cellular data (at least compared to what it was like before the developer preview) as if the offline maps weren't downloaded at all.

P.S. Sorry if I missed a solution/discussion of this that happened at some other point. I tried my best to search the forums for an answer.

Roberto Salvador

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
sorry, only can tell that i have the same Problem, with the same Samsung S Ativ Model ;)

(camera is only for one try or shot, and than it doesn't work again (black or crash), so i had to restart the phone... and that is hard to take, because the camera is one of the most important functions!)

greetings from berlin, germany

Last edited:

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the DP since it came out and updated to 1 last week on my L625 but no Cyan yet.
Now I have problem with wifi.
If I go out it takes a long time for wifi to disconnect and when I come back home it does not reconnect unless I turn the phone off then on
Never had problem before Updated 1

Last edited:

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the DP since it came out and updated to 1 last week on my L625
Now I have problem with wifi.
If I go out it takes a long time for wifi to disconnect and when I come back home it does not reconnect unless I turn the phone off then on
Never had problem before Updated 1

Same iissue here with a Lumia 920.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Had a similar issue trying to installing an update to UK map of England. Solved it by deleting the map completely then re-downloading full map again. Lumia 620, CV, UK, 8.1u1 Black on Dev Prev.

kavinkoveal

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 720 has some problem, it was updated to 8.1 after starting up,

touch malfunctioning leads to screen lock try again in 12649 mints

what should i do now ? pls help me !

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have from the cyan update is when I get a new email or reply it's doesn't show up as new (red color text) anymore. It's like I have already read it state (white text). Kinda sucks when you don't know what email they are replying from. anyone else notice this?

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there any solution to this? Or anybody facing this same issue? Like my phone is connected to my WiFi router but it displays as NO INTERNET ACCESS... Switching WiFi off and then on again connects instantly and internet is also working... Since this is happening every now and then only on my phone and not in other devices connected to same router, i assume it's the issue with my phone. Pls help...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

IvanRistic90

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys im on latest DP and i have problem with exiting apps to homescreen, live tiles are refreshing and reloading after i exit from heavy apps, how to fix this. Im on Lumia 630

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys im on latest DP and i have problem with exiting apps to homescreen, live tiles are refreshing and reloading after i exit from heavy apps, how to fix this. Im on Lumia 630

There's no problem in that... That's the way the OS works. When you launch heavy apps everything in background gets suspended... This wont happen for normal apps... This can be attributed to low Ram and low performance... But the bright side of this is that the tiles don't take more than a sec to reload...

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Icon users:
Are y'all still getting the resume lag bug still after the last update for the Icon?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte