Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I installed DP on a Lumia 521 and noticed that I can't power down the unit.
I hold the power button down until I can swipe the lock screen down to power off but the unit just restarts itself. Anyone else have this issue?
Also, the option to add comma to the keyboard is greyed out.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed DP on a Lumia 521 and noticed that I can't power down the unit.
I hold the power button down until I can swipe the lock screen down to power off but the unit just restarts itself. Anyone else have this issue?
Also, the option to add comma to the keyboard is greyed out.

Only time I've seen a phone restart after turning off, was if our it's being charged while it was turned off .

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Only time I've seen a phone restart after turning off, was if our it's being charged while it was turned off .
Doh! That's exactly what was happening. Disconnected charging cable and off it went with no restart.
Now howsabout a solution for the no comma option on the keyboard?
Thanks.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you maybe somehow change to a keyboard that is missing the comma? Perhaps try going to Settings > Keyboard and see what is there.

Last edited:

WizMarlifa

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Why can't I send and receive WhatsApp,hike,bbm messages using mobile data,but only on wifi on wp8.1? I have tried hard resetting as well as soft resetting,but nothing happens. Please I need help, my phone is unusable,and useless.

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > Keyboard and then click Advanced

There you will find a checkbox that will allow you to add the comma. :)
Thanks. I saw that option but it was greyed out.
Turns out, mine was a non-problem in that the comma was missing from the keyboard when filling in web adress windows. Duh, yeah, no need for commas in those instances but when typing texts or Word documents, it was present. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the road side assistance.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
After the latest update to 8.10.14176.243 on my L620 CV GB Black IE browser still does not play videos on many sites. Example: Daily Mail, Daily Star, Daily Mirror, ITV Player etc. Errors shown vary according to the site but generally means IE and/or HTML5 on WP still needs sorting out.

Vijay Baskaran

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hi All some of the Apps are not launching after the latest developer preview update. Does any one facing this issue and if you have solution please update me i faced the problem in Nokia camera i uninstalled and installed it started working. Like wise for most of the Apps (Whats App, Nokia camera Beta, Flash light XT etc.......)

MasterGeekMX

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I've got the last update, and after I installed it a notificaction poped out sayng that 19 apps need to be updated (16 or so was phone like configs and stuff and the rest a couple of my apps). Took a While to install it, but at certain time nothing happend, in downloads list showed all the apps in pending, but no one was downloading or installing. So i turned off and on the phone, so the installation continued. When I checked how it was the new apps, I've noticed that all my files (docs, ringtones, music, photos, videos, etc) was deleted from phone and SD card, but the apps and configs was intact. After a couple of hours a message poped out sayng that cannot read the SD card by being unformatted or in a unknow filesystem. I retired the memory card, plugged in into my PC and see it it was well formated, no issues, the FAT32 system was OK and the memry was readed perfectly, but only had the default folders generated by the phone (pictures, videos, downloads, ect), but everything empty. By my luck I was able to save 99% of my files with GetDataBack for FAT, but unfortuenly I'm unable to do the same with internal memory. Gosh, I had ringtones there since high school.

Last edited:

Geistertreiber

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I am having some very irritating issues with my HTC 8x, My most recent update brought me to OS version: 8.10.14176.243.

For some reason the Xbox Music app will NOT stay open. It opens, I can navigate for about 3-5 seconds, then it pops back out to the start screen. This is driving me crazy as I use my phone more for listening to music than anything else. Has anyone else encountered this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: after my windows 8.1 update on my Surface Pro, the exact same thing happens on the Xbox Music App, it opens momentarily, then pops right back out to the start menu. I've had to use iTunes because of this and I am not a fan..

sevi bucher

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,
I found a bug for Lumia Cyan 8.10.14176.243.
This version of the OS won't support any headphones!

Edit: After restart (or some restarts) phone accepts headphones! :)

Last edited:

Christian Pichuant

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've problems in my 1520 with double tap and Glance. I try with soft reset and both doesn't work. The apps on glance says all are incompatible, any ideas? I don't try factory reset yet.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8.1

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Using Indian Lumia 925.1 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update and Lumia Cyan firmware. I still don't get the network activity arrows on WiFI/3G signal indicator.

Do I need to do a full format using Nokia recovery suite?

fuzzba11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The spellchecker suggests names of people in my contact list when I start typing any word. I want these names removed from my dictionary because I find it distracting while typing a message to someone else - I don't want my ex's name popping up every time I'm writing to my significant other! :eck:

Can we get an option to delete or demote words from contact lists in the spellchecker dictionary?

brusbrother

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
The spellchecker suggests names of people in my contact list when I start typing any word. I want these names removed from my dictionary because I find it distracting while typing a message to someone else - I don't want my ex's name popping up every time I'm writing to my significant other! :eck:

Can we get an option to delete or demote words from contact lists in the spellchecker dictionary?
Have you deleted your ex's name from your contact list?
Would your new flame consider a name change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss