08-06-2014 09:22 PM
545 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!
    go to outlook on IE,switch to PC site,select the thread you need to reply to,attach the docs using the file picker!Yes,its still not straight forward but atleast its there
    04-15-2014 09:16 AM
    Well,there seems to be a workaround for this now,go to outlook on IE,switch to PC site,select the thread you need to reply to,attach the docs using the file picker and voila...!
    Nice try, but that is in no way a solution to this issue. If I'm going to do that why use the built in client at all?
    04-15-2014 09:21 AM
    Is there any way to disable an app in the action center but still get the toast? AFAIK I'm only able to disable it completely or to have it on the AC, but I want the old behaviour for some apps.
    04-15-2014 09:31 AM
    Nice try, but that is in no way a solution to this issue. If I'm going to do that why use the built in client at all?
    I did admit it wasn`t a straight forward solution,neither am I trying to defend MS here fyi. It works if you aren`t in a position to use your laptop, when you are on the go.

At other times,if you do have the time and have a ton of mails to reply to and you need to attach docs to some of them,how about doing that on a laptop,just my opinion.
    04-15-2014 09:35 AM
    Agreed. Slightly less cumbersome as using IE is to use the Office app and share via email the document from there.
    04-15-2014 09:41 AM
    hey I put my quick review on Tumblr... feel free to have a read Things I want to discuss — Windows Phone 8.1 dev preview
    04-15-2014 09:43 AM
    Camera not working on Lumia620, i press the button but nothing happens???
    04-15-2014 10:00 AM
    in 8.1 where has the option to keep wifi always on gone?
    I was looking for that too as the wifi turns off shortly after the screen goes off on 8.1 and I can't see an option to keep it on like there was in 8.0.
    04-15-2014 11:21 AM
    Really liking swipe left or right for back and forward in IE.
    04-15-2014 11:22 AM
    This is probably a dumb question... But where is the really cool lock screen that they demoed?
    04-15-2014 11:24 AM
    This is probably a dumb question... But where is the really cool lock screen that they demoed?
    Not a dumb question - it's not available yet.
    waazzupppp likes this.
    04-15-2014 11:25 AM
    I love it. Storage sense is awesome, Cortana is very nice, notification center is a godsend, swipe keyboard is great, I'm ecstatic to see backups include app data and it's nice having so much more control. Only problems are that Xbox games still doesn't show Xbox one games, and Bing rewards still isn't integrated in our Bing/Cortana app.

Also seems like no matter what I disable or set in battery saver, Cortana eats my battery alive on my Lumia 1020 (strangely, that doesn't happen on my Lumia 520).
    04-15-2014 11:25 AM
    I was looking for that too as the wifi turns off shortly after the screen goes off on 8.1 and I can't see an option to keep it on like there was in 8.0.
    Yeah man, and like everybody has their own issue with this update. this is the most annoying one for me. Because I hate loosing features that we already had.I want Wifi always on option back!
    04-15-2014 11:51 AM
    It's going to be coming later, Joe Belfiore said as much at Build.
    04-15-2014 11:52 AM
    which cool lockscreen? i would like to see it.
    04-15-2014 11:54 AM
    Not a dumb question - it's not available yet.
    It's going to be coming later, Joe Belfiore said as much at Build.
    I do like WP8.1 but I do think the Dev preview was released to soon. Not everything is ready to go, the lock screen and apps for example are not ready and hurt the 8.1 experience. It should have been all at once.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 11:55 AM
    What happen to App background management? Am I blind? 😝 Sorry if this was discussed.
    04-15-2014 11:56 AM
    What happen to App background management? Am I blind? Sorry if this was discussed.
    It's in 'Battery Saver' now.
    Blacklac likes this.
    04-15-2014 12:00 PM
    Try attaching a doc file to an existing email thread and report back. Because when someone asks me to send them a document I don't reply with a totally separate email, does any business work that way? Complete and utter disgrace this functionality is not there in the 4th year of this platforms existence. Again they have concentrated on fluff like Cortana instead of addressing real problems with this OS.
    You are right about it. I agree with you. But it is a small step. Now the only needs is to replace the function of the attach button from going to gallery to go to a menu where it asks what do you want to attach.
    04-15-2014 12:03 PM
    Another thing I was hoping to get rid of was easy access tiles and how could Msoft miss the data toggle in the action centre ! they have it for wifi but not for Mobile data!
    04-15-2014 12:05 PM
    hello i have a question, hope someone can help
    to become a registered developer i need to developer unlock my phone, but to do so i need to download the SDK. but SDK wont download to pc windows 7, i guess it only works on windows 8? i dont know if im correct, but it wont download on my pc w7. so my question is, is there a way to get a preview for developers and become a registered developer if i have pc with windows 7 or do i need windows 8?
    04-15-2014 12:45 PM
    to become a registered developer i need to developer unlock my phone, but to do so i need to download the SDK. but SDK wont download to pc windows 7, i guess it only works on windows 8? i dont know if im correct, but it wont download on my pc w7. so my question is, is there a way to get a preview for developers and become a registered developer if i have pc with windows 7 or do i need windows 8?
    Just go to appstudio.windowsphone.com and sign up. Then download the Preview For Developers app from the store. No unlocking needed.
    nevena11 likes this.
    04-15-2014 01:02 PM
    Disappointing update, just another "we ran out of time" one.
    Too little, too late (and too much bugs) to be on par with other OS.
    And worst thing is even WP now lags sometimes (games hub, start screen, etc).
    That's only just after updating. It gets faster with use.
    04-15-2014 02:01 PM
    You just need the Windows 8 phone, no PC necessary, and no SDK necessary either.
    nevena11 likes this.
    04-15-2014 02:02 PM
    I thought it had to be region unlock prior to get the update
    04-15-2014 02:06 PM
545 ... 1213141516 ...