[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

I've been at the cog at the 5% mark for 30 minutes. Gonna faint soon.

I know I'm suppose to wait in this stage for a while but, not 30 minutes...

Just be patient and ensure your phone is plugged into the charger and not a computer. I updated two phones today without any issues.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Does any of your WPCentral apps have the transparency effect for The Startscreen backgrounds?? Mine doesn't have that! :( Does anybody know how to enable that? (BTW that keyboard is amazing!)

anon(8151408)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
First update taking AGES... DON'T PANIC!

OK guys, so I just updated my phone to the prep update for 8.1, and I'd like to say this.
Code:
{if WP8.1PrepUpdate == TakingAges} DontPanic==true

My prep update took over an hour to do, and that's not including migrating data. I was horrified - stuck on the cogs for over an hour. But just don't panic, and let it work. It will work. :smile:

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes, true! The screenshot is now working with volume up plus power button!
And about comma button, there is an option in settings to show it always.... Well done so far MS!

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk
where exactly is this
?

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!

Benjaminb95

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

It seems like the WP8.1 Battery App is not working properly. After charging overnight and usage for about an half hour, the battery percentage was only 30 per cent. After restarting it went back to normal. It's not that WP8.1 eats my battery, but the Battery App gives the wrong information. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm running WP8.1 on a Lumia 920.

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday (as in yesterday central european time) I found out that my glance notifications stopped working on Lumia 620. I also have glance backgrounds on. This morning they came alive again. It seems glance notifications obey quiet hours when set up in Cortana which is pretty cool. I still would like to have an option to turn them on at all times (or even off) - you know that, give us options :D

Just thought I will share my experience if anybody came across this and wondered why glance notifications stopped working all of a sudden.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: message hub now only a SMS app?

you are right! No online facebook messaging!

There should be a separate facebook messaging app you can get either now or soon - I'm not sure if this will integrate into the phone similar to how it was before, but we can hope.

hVarun

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I personally found the experience to be great except for couple of things.. the Music player XBox music has become slow compared to earlier version.. and the Battery is draining hell a lot quickly than in wp8.. i was thinking may be this is due to the apps not optimized for WP8.1.. Looks like a bug Microsoft... overall a good update...Last but not least to mention Heating Issue.. Phone is Heating especially near the rear Camera.. :(

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

It seems like the WP8.1 Battery App is not working properly. After charging overnight and usage for about an half hour, the battery percentage was only 30 per cent. After restarting it went back to normal. It's not that WP8.1 eats my battery, but the Battery App gives the wrong information. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm running WP8.1 on a Lumia 920.
Same hhappened here. After a restart it dropped about 30%. I figured the battery stats were messed up so I let the phone go fully empty. Then charge it fully. I think it is fixed then. :)

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Disappointing update, just another "we ran out of time" one.
Too little, too late (and too much bugs) to be on par with other OS.
And worst thing is even WP now lags sometimes (games hub, start screen, etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss