[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Hey how the multitasking has improved??? ALSO does the resuming screen still shows up? Is the OS snappy?

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

Hey how the multitasking has improved??? ALSO does the resuming screen still shows up? Is the OS snappy?

No joke. But it is really faster. Multitasking is improved. Apps are snappy not just like in 8. And the os is pretty stable :)

etnikoo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Haven't seen resume yet, which is quite nice considering how often it would appear before this update. OS is definetely even more smooth on my 920,everything is just fast. Can't comment on multitasking, looks good, you can swipe down to close apps.

PBV7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Store is not loading... Websites are opening.. But store says unable to load please try later.. Anyone experiencing same issue or is it only me..
Thank you..

Fell Beast

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I still get the dreaded "Not Up To Date" on my MS/Twitter/LinkedIn accounts when trying to backup text messages...although it does give me more options under the "Text Message Backup" now (time-frame adjustments). Oh well, future updates maybe. Other than this though, seems to be pretty awesome!

M0stlyHarmless

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

@etnikoo: thx

@nikhilr51: settings -> "touch" (but mine is not english, so i'm just guessing what the exact name is here) -> there is double tap to wake

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Overall OS is fast ...and great
2)***apps can be installed on a class 6 SD card *** :)
3)Multi tasking is great..
4)Notifications are great.. It just lacks data toggle..
5)We can give name for SIM
6) Cortana is awesome!!!
7) music app seems slow :/
8) stock camera is great and fast
9) separate volume control .. Even for headphones 🎧
10)new bootscreen logo..boots faster :)
11) Store looks awesome... Reviews and related category has been improved!! :)
There are many more changes...
I'll update soon...
Thank you Microsoft :)
Windows phone 8.1 is awesome!!! 💜 💜

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I still get the dreaded "Not Up To Date" on my MS/Twitter/LinkedIn accounts when trying to backup text messages...although it does give me more options under the "Text Message Backup" now (time-frame adjustments). Oh well, future updates maybe. Other than this though, seems to be pretty awesome!

Delete the account and try again .. It'll work :)

azend

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Boom! That didn't take more than 3 hours 45 mins! ;) Anyway, LOVE the update - cant wait to get home and start customizing the crap out of the phone! And Cortana :)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

It seems the games app has been broken out too which is terrible.
It's now dreadfully slow and hasn't been updated to show friends playing X1 games and does not show X1 achievements. Very poor job on the games front.

Everything else is ace though.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

If you guys find that your phone is slow after installing the update then check the app list, you'll see it's reinstalling your apps.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

It seems the games app has been broken out too which is terrible.
It's now dreadfully slow and hasn't been updated to show friends playing X1 games and does not show X1 achievements. Very poor job on the games front.

Everything else is ace though.

I'm sure that's one of the things they'll fix, I haven't had any issues with it though.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Is the store down? I can't connect to the store, and none of my friends (who are still on WP8) can connect either.

I know my network connection is working because Cortana has been spectacular :love:

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Is the store down? I can't connect to the store, and none of my friends (who are still on WP8) can connect either.

I know my network connection is working because Cortana has been spectacular :love:

same here. error 805a01f7

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Not for me but I'm in the UK.

navnraju

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

successfully completed the first update. now not showing the second one. Phone is still checking for updates from 30 mins. Lumia 720 India :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb