[Official] Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

BioticCharger

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Initial thoughts on Developer Preview of WP8.1

Can somebody please let me know if the parallax effect is available with this update? And if so, is it compatible with all devices?

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

How does it work in Windows phones? In the case of the iphone, I heard that if you tilt the device you can see what's behind the home screen icons. But how is it implemented here?

Easiest would be for you to watch a video review of 8.1

microSkop

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Installed on my 8S and so far it's perfect. The best features for me are installing apps on SD card, third column of tiles, the battery app and storage sense. And let's not forget that the best offline navigation app is now available, HERE Drive! :amaze:

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

I LOVE it. Obviously, it has some deffects. But I would like to point out some things I thought of :
- The music app is terrible. But hey!, it's now an app and MS can update it quickly. So I wouldn't be surprise if MS correct some deffects in the few next weeks (days?)
- The photo hub it better than before in the way that the organization of the photos is better than before (and we have direct access to the album). Ok, the background is worse than before. No dubt it will be fixed in the final version.
- It's sensibly slower than before. There's still a long process of optimization to be made before the final version. Same with battery.
-I noticed that the battery acts different than before. Will using the phone, it drain quicker than before. But in sleep mode, it seems it's been improved. Have you noticed that?

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Very underwhelmed!
We've seen the features leaked for months and they were something to look forward to. Now we've actually felt and seen them in action it just feels pretty average.
I Honestly don't think this is the saviour of windows phone. Not by a long shot.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Downloading and installing right now :D Googling around seems like it's a good update but we will see!

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

I would keep it only because of swype style keyboard, and quiet hours.

I hate the drop in performance in a lumia 620, specially in the calendar. The new photo hub is terrible, as the music app.

Too much gimmicky Cortana. Ms please focus in the basic stuff.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Weren't we supposed to be able to attach any kind of file to emails? I'm still getting the option to only attach pictures!

Imagine you want to attach a doc file. Open office, long tap in the document, share, select e-mail and you are done :)

HomeyJay

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

So many things are not working on my 1520:

Appstore
Nokia Music
Bluetooth problems
Crazy battery drain
Sudden lag (on my 1520!!)
Camera acting weird and quitting for no reason sometimes
Awful gallery app / photo hub
Cortana.. yawn. We went through all this with Siri and the Google effort and then everyone was too embarrased to use it in public anyway. Who the hell wants to tell the world that you need to remember to buy but* cream or whatever! :)
Still no eq / fx through bluetooth

I think it will be good when its done but it's not done yet, is it? I'll probably flashing the stock firmware back at some point in the next day or two but it's not diminished my enthusiasm for the OS, not one bit.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Imagine you want to attach a doc file. Open office, long tap in the document, share, select e-mail and you are done :)

Try attaching a doc file to an existing email thread and report back. Because when someone asks me to send them a document I don't reply with a totally separate email, does any business work that way? Complete and utter disgrace this functionality is not there in the 4th year of this platforms existence. Again they have concentrated on fluff like Cortana instead of addressing real problems with this OS.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Downloading and installing right now :D Googling around seems like it's a good update but we will see!

Well I think I have explored all the standard stuff and all my regular games and apps are working fine, So far so good ;) All is well and I love it :D No bugs to report unless I missed something!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb