I called it! CNET has already written a trolly headline that still has to make fun of WP 8.1

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The title of the article is trolling simply because it's supposed to be an OS review, not a review of the Windows Phone ecosystem. Write a review about the OS and be done with it.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah this article was biased. As a WP fan I'm very familiar with the dirty tricks used to knock the OS. What CNET did was pretend Android and iOS was one phone and compared WP to it. By doing this there is nothing WP has that can compare. If you actually separate Android and iOS for comparison then you can actually point out what features WP added that are still lacking in each separate OS. This should have been two articles: WP vs Android and WP vs iOS. The playing field would level out a little more looking at it this way

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I actually think if was a good review and they summed it up nicely >_>

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone can have their opinion but does every WP article have to have a bias slant to it? Like why make that the title of the article? You never see CNET headlines like , "Apple releases iPhone 5, still lagging in screen size to Samsung". I read articles all over the web and MS is the only topic that brings out the negativity in the "journalists".

Then again let's be happy it was written by Molly Wood. She'd go on a 500 word tangent on how Cortana doesn't do reminders simply because she didn't use it or doesn't know how to.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
All the biased sites have the same argument: Apps. The Verge did it too, as usual, with some other bull**** criticism.

But the thing is, the reception to 8.1 is very positive, even in those websites.I guess that behind the bias, what they really wanted to say is:

"Windows Phone is better than ever, developers no longer have excuses to avoid it."

Whoa. Jehuty. Off topic. Agreed.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Funny how they used the words "lags behind Android"... :winktongue:

My wife switched from her HTC 8X to the Note when we switched to T-Mobile. Several times in the past week I've had to listen to her say "I hate it when my phone freezes." Being a smart man I won't say "I told you so..." (Assuming she won't read this forum. :wink:)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just hate that every review I see always gives iOS a pass, but never WP. There are many features that Android has that are not on iOS, but in all the WP reviews they have to point out that something is on Android, but when it's a feature that WP has but iOS doesn't, they never point that out. It's like iOS can do no wrong no matter what. After a while, it gets rather annoying.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this article was biased. As a WP fan I'm very familiar with the dirty tricks used to knock the OS. What CNET did was pretend Android and iOS was one phone and compared WP to it. By doing this there is nothing WP has that can compare. If you actually separate Android and iOS for comparison then you can actually point out what features WP added that are still lacking in each separate OS. This should have been two articles: WP vs Android and WP vs iOS. The playing field would level out a little more looking at it this way

EXACTLY. You put it better than I did above.
An iOS review would have had the headline "iOS is better than ever" and stopped there, even if there were caveats in the article.

Last edited:

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I just hate that every review I see always gives iOS a pass, but never WP. There are many features that Android has that are not on iOS, but in all the WP reviews they have to point out that something is on Android, but when it's a feature that WP has but iOS doesn't, they never point that out. It's like iOS can do no wrong no matter what. After a while, it gets rather annoying.

They know that iOS (Apple) is more stubborn than WP an is already a more mature platform. It also is a more simple operating system than WP or Android. Windows Phone is supposed to be that inbetween, that operating system that ahas the best of all the others. With eh 8.1 update that is more a reality but there is still some things that need tweaking.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
EXACTLY. You put it better than I did above.
An iOS review would have had the headline "iOS is better than ever" and stopped there, even if there were caveats in the article.

iOS is better than ever in each update, but they also have one of best ecosystems of any platform and the most apps and games and all the exclusives. Compare that to another OS that still has a lot of caveats to it even more so than iOS.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
iOS is better than ever in each update, but they also have one of best ecosystems of any platform and the most apps and games and all the exclusives. Compare that to another OS that still has a lot of caveats to it even more so than iOS.

That wasn't my point at all.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Review technically wasn't that bad. The title was horrible trollish click bait.

And the problem with the review wasn't what was said, but how it was said. Using terminology like "lagging behind" is technically true, but isn't put in a way that appears unbiased.

Simply stating that there is still a significant app disparity, and that developers often put more of their budget in making a good iOS or Android app experience gets the facts out while being fair at the same time.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was a well written article and review. Honestly everything he said is true.

There is a major app problem

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What's worse is engadget gave a very fair review, but cons was no google apps? Who cares! Does anyone who owns a WP miss google apps? I wouldn't even use any of them, but possibly youtube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre