Succesful WP8.1 updates on Icon?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
In the "things I don't like" thread it is stated that the status bar is constantly visible. Is this true on the icon? Don't see a reason for this at all and it would detract from the beauty of a nice start screen IMO.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Updated my Icon this morning. Loving this update! I did have to press my power button about 3 or 4 times before the phone responded. Hasn't happened since but will reboot now just in case.

Paul Moon

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine looked like it was finished with the first update and started a reboot. Now it is stuck on a bright white screen and is very hot. Not sure what is going on...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by soft-reset? I've powered down and back up multiple times and still have this issue.

Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded and installed the first update, then downloaded the second update, at home, and then left for work. My drive is about 45 minutes, and it took most of the drive to work before the install was complete.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I only had one problem after the update when I pressed power to turn my screen off it started to take screen shots and I was like wtf and then I was like oh maybe the Volume Up button is stuck. It wasn't I pressed it a few times to try and release it if it was stuck, it wasn't. After I restarted it, it was ok.

When I press power it would take a screenshot so I had to hold the power button for a few seconds and it turned off

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Did it early this morning. Took about 40 minutes, no problems.

The only problem I'm having is the long list of people that don't like this or don't like that. WTF You just got the update. Give it a couple of days before berating it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos