Succesful WP8.1 updates on Icon?

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried updating this morning. As soon as it got finished with step two it quit the update. It went back to my regular lock screen. I checked my SW version. Still said I had black. I'm going to try again when I get home. Anyone else have this issue?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried updating this morning. As soon as it got finished with step two it quit the update. It went back to my regular lock screen. I checked my SW version. Still said I had black. I'm going to try again when I get home. Anyone else have this issue?
It's going to still be black. There was no Nokia update, only the OS.
Also, not sure what you mean by step two. There are two separate updates that will be installed, and there are multiple steps to each update.

carstenosu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hmm...I did that and it seems better but still happens occasionally.

carstenosu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
But now I am noticing that when I press the sleep button to wake my phone it takes awhile to wake up.

It seems like many people (including myself) are experiencing this problem. Try the soft reset (hold volume down + power for 10-15 seconds until phone reboots). This seems to work for some but I still have the problem after doing it.

shamrock95

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I normally don't post anything here but its troubling to see people bashing this update they've been clamoring for forever. I updated my icon this morning and I can say it has been well worth the wait! Are there going to be things I don't like or use, sure.... But overall Microsoft has improved the OS ten fold with this update.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
8.1 is awesome! I timed a startup, it took my phone 25 seconds from power on to being at the home screen, awesome! Everything is snappier and I love having the notification center. Great job MS!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I normally don't post anything here but its troubling to see people bashing this update they've been clamoring for forever. I updated my icon this morning and I can say it has been well worth the wait! Are there going to be things I don't like or use, sure.... But overall Microsoft has improved the OS ten fold with this update.
LOL - you're going to see this with ANY update. People can never be satisfied.

Kleeshay

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm unable to open the Wallet app on my Icon after 8.1. I also am unable to modify wallet settings under application settings. Looks like an attempt is made, crash, and I'm on the same screen. Anyone else have issues with Wallet? I've performed a soft-reset without an improvement.

Aside from that I'm absolutely in love with this update!

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, a soft reset made it better but there is definitely a bug. Sometimes it wakes immediately, other times its takes a second or two. Twice I had to use the camera button to wake the phone. Battery life is notably worse. Hopefully it will get better with the general release.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if what percent of people are having these small delay/power problems with the icon.. My dad, mom and sister who live on the other side of the country have icons, I have +920! I'd hate to have them update if there's going to be trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon