Succesful WP8.1 updates on Icon?

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am having the same problem with my power button not turning the phone on. We need a fix quickly on this. I am in sales and need to make many, many calls per day and cannot have this issue at all.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Update on this, I no longer have the lock button problem. It's now perfectly responsive. WP8.1 on the Nokia Lumia Icon is now flawless for me.

What did you do to fix the lock button problem? I did a hard reset on my phone and that fixed it, but for only a few days. I suspect the lock screen problem stems from the start screen needing to load for whatever reason. For me, if the lock button is responsive, when I try to unlock my phone, I'm presented with a "loading..." black screen until my start screen appears. There have been a few times where I had to do a soft reset on the phone just for it to boot up. Otherwise, it's usually a ~5 second delay from the time I press the button, to the time the lock screen appears.

Yes, I am having the same problem with my power button not turning the phone on. We need a fix quickly on this. I am in sales and need to make many, many calls per day and cannot have this issue at all.

Yeah, I use my phone for work as well and there has been a few times where the buggy performance has hindered my work. I have no one to blame but myself for putting unfinished software on my phone though. =/

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys tried shutting off WiFi for the start button wake up issue/delay? This fix has worked for me and some others. I'm using an icon.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys tried shutting off WiFi for the start button wake up issue/delay? This fix has worked for me and some others. I'm using an icon.

The slow power button was annoying, but not a deal breaker. However, I did this and it's seemed to do the trick. :)

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The power button delay issue came back for my Icon.

I used Nokia Software Updater to return to 8.0, updated to the new Verizon firmware, and then upgraded to 8.1 again. I'll post if it is better.

I love the new features, and I am well aware this is (for all intents and purposes) a "beta test," but I might go back to 8.0 if many of the issues aren't resolved with this update. Don't get me wrong, I love the Developer Program, and it is awesome to let us get our hands on new software early, but for my daily use (which is... excessive lol) the power button/wifi/battery issues seem to have escalated to a point where I'd prefer the stability to new features.

As an aside, and this is more 8.1 than Icon related, the lack of integrated social sharing (and lack of a Twitter app that you can "share to" since they pulled the beta) is more impactful than I expected. I'm used to posting interesting articles that I find online to both Facebook and Twitter at the same time, and whereas this was one click in 8.0, in 8.1 now I can "share to" Facebook (but it posts an ugly link and not a linked page style post like it used to) and then copy the text, go into Twitter, paste it, and post there. If the default Facebook share formatted links correctly and the Twitter beta was still in the store, I might be more inclined to wait it out. But we will see.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Updated successfully. Seems quicker overall, power button responds in about half the time as before (so still a little lag but not as much. Probably wouldn't notice it if I weren't used to it being laggy). Also I had lost the ability to swipe upward on bottom menu bars (had to tap the ... on the right), but now that's back. Looking good so far!

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
if you mean its not coming on, forcing you to soft reset or use the camera button to make it wake up, did you install the updated firmware from verizon?
if not, then you need to roll back to 8.0 install the firmware and then update to 8.1 again.
my icon wakes every time now and the wifi works much better and no more data cutouts.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the process of installing now. Trying to decide if I should do a hard reset without recalling settings after the update or not to make it a completely clean slate.

Just as an fyi, I ended up doing a hard reset after the update just for the sake of a clean slate.

I'll report here how battery life turns out after a week.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I went back to 8.0 with NSU, installed new firmware, went to 8.1, updated 8.1.

No issues with WiFi, but got burning hot in my pocket (once,) and I didn't have the wake up delay until the new update. Now when I press the power button its like a good 3-5 seconds before screen comes on. Also had it reset itself once and randomly power down.

Nothing I can't deal with until official update, but annoying nonetheless.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been a mess since the latest update. It's ridiculous. Non-stop "Loading..." and "Resuming..." at start screen. Unresponsive anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Notification center also doesn't work during these times. Anyone else experiencing this?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been a mess since the latest update. It's ridiculous. Non-stop "Loading..." and "Resuming..." at start screen. Unresponsive anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Notification center also doesn't work during these times. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm not getting that at all... Did you try a hard reset without restoring settings?

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
So, since Tuesday I upgraded back to 8.1 with the new firmware installed. I was thinking of hard resetting and not restoring from a backup, but decided to see how the phone performed first.

I haven't suffered from the screen wake delay at all nor the overheating, but I do get false battery meter readings now and then and my WiFi still isn't as good as 8.0 but better than the last time that I had 8.1, now that I have the new firmware. The purple hue from automatic brightness is also gone, though I had tweaked the color profile. I haven't gotten the "Loading" and "Resuming" on the Start Screen, but I don't have the Cortana tile pinned to my start screen, which some believe is the cause.

My battery life is almost the same as 8.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett