Install 8.1 on Portico(GDR1) devices without Nokia Fw upgrade (Amber and Black)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I want install 8.1 on Portico device without Nokia Fw upgrade (Amber and Black) because I want preserve the nokia camerashot quality (because Amber/Black firmware reduce it a lot with the postprocessing issue)

Then my question is:
is possible to install GDR2 without install Amber on a device with Portico(GDR1)? (if yes, then I can update to GRD3 preview and then to WP8.1 preview)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I want install 8.1 on Portico device without Nokia Fw upgrade (Amber and Black) because I want preserve the nokia camerashot quality (because Amber/Black firmware reduce it a lot with the postprocessing issue)

Then my question is:
is possible to install GDR2 without install Amber on a device with Portico(GDR1)? (if yes, then I can update to GRD3 preview and then to WP8.1 preview)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, I fully understand the reason why though but I believe it will require the latest firmware as well.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, I fully understand the reason why though but I believe it will require the latest firmware as well.

Thanks for the replay.
Then I will wait for the newer nokia upgrade "Nokia Cyan" (that contains also WP8.1) to understand if the issue is solved by the new Nokia firmware (I hope yes otherwise I will remain with Portico forever)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99