Buttons not working after upgrade process

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an HTC 8XT and began the upgrade process. It gave me the penultimate upgrade before 8.1 but now my buttons aren't working. I can't hit Back, can't hit Home, Search, volume, lockscreen, etc. and have no cellular connection.
If I select anything, I'm stuck on that page until I hold down the power button to reboot, but nothing changes when it comes back. When I hold down the power button it just shuts down and reboots automatically, no slide to power down screen or anything. I've rebooted about twenty times by now and am getting frustrated.
Any help?

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Power button and volume down, correct?
Trying that brings me through the same reboot process. Screen turns black, slight vibrate, HTC, Sprint, but then the same start screen with no cellular reception or button functionality.
I *really* don't want to reset and lose game data :-\

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I started deleting apps to try and make room for the 8.1 upgrade, hoping that maybe once the upgrade finished everything would return to normal, but now it seems that even just by restarting the phone, I'm constantly losing space. I went from 400+mb available to barely 100+.
Barely anything opens (like pictures, text, or email), so it seems like a hard reset is the only thing to do at this point.

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
That is sad :/ I had a memory clog problem few months back. The only solution I had was a hard reset. Believe me, it will just make your experience better.
Now that you have almost no space left, you can't perform back up, I'm guessing. Do update whatever happens :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99