06-12-2014 02:16 PM
60 123
tools
    I've had my 1020 off the charger for 6 hours and I'm down to 36%. I normally go 16 hours on a charge. Anyone else dealing with this?
    Check your background apps, and mail sync settings.
    04-14-2014 09:01 PM
    I just spent a giddy 1 hour playing with all the new stuff and then just realized I havent even played with Cortana yet, yeah Im not getting anything done at work today
    Christ I hope your not in the medical field.
    AzmoD3uS likes this.
    04-14-2014 09:02 PM
    Check your background apps, and mail sync settings.
    I normally have my two emails set to always sync. I never disabled any of my background tasks and I got 12+ hours of medium usage. Now I'm barely getting 7. I really hoping this changes and fast because I need a phone with battery life.
    04-14-2014 09:04 PM
    Does anyone have any battery reports on the 1020.. is there any improvment?.
    04-15-2014 03:15 AM
    I'm getting less than average battery drain. But I don't know if that's because I keep playing with the phone or that 8.1 is worse with battery life. Only more time will tell.
    04-15-2014 06:40 AM
    Worse on my 1020 too. Seems this was truly not end user ready and should just be used for testing, def feels like a beta to me.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 06:44 AM
    Worse on my 1020 too. Seems this was truly not end user ready and should just be used for testing, def feels like a beta to me.

Agreed. Games hub is super slow. Xbox music is unusable. Bad battery life. Removal of Agenda view. 3 Rows of Tiles on the 1020 slows things down a little.

But having said that: Action Center, 3 Rows, Cortana, All Live Tile Apps Updating with no more Background Task Disabled Errors, Fixed Kid's Corner, etc. all more than make up for it. Microsoft will get their act together. This is a preview program, after all. I haven't had this much fun with my phone since I purchased it. I'm already using it very differently. Now that emails, messaging, facebook, and twitter come to the Action Center, there's no need for those tiles to show anything. Makes the live tiles useful in a browsing, keeping up to date, nature - and all the notifications are managed, elsewhere.

Windows Phone 8.1 is... to quote the Ninth (and by FAR the best) Doctor: FANTASTIC!
    04-15-2014 08:19 AM
    I upgraded my L1020 yesterday and all seems OK (so far)....however, I have a feeling my battery life is draining a little quicker than previous. Planning to do a full battery test tomorrow...i.e. charge to 100% and do normal daily usage and see how long it lasts.
    04-15-2014 08:23 AM
    ^ I'll be doing the same. I'm hoping my battery picks up. Used to last 16 hours with nothing disabled in the background and both emails always set to sync as arrive. I'm hoping they fix this soon if it is a big problem.

I've looked at other threads on other phones such as the icon our 1520 and people are also having the same problem with those higher end and newer phones. Guess we will have to see.
    04-15-2014 08:46 AM
    I did so far so good
    04-15-2014 08:50 AM

The Dev Preview is a Beta test lol

Microsoft even says
    may not work correctly and are not intended as a substitute for your primary means of telecommunications.
    Think i will wait for official release.
    04-15-2014 10:23 AM
    The Dev Preview is a Beta test lol

Microsoft even says

Think i will wait for official release.
    And yet they knowingly make it easy for non developers to get the update. Personally I don't mind the bugs, it's the deprecation of features that will take yet another update to address, if they do at all. Beta or not, Xbox music still being so bad is inexcusable.
    04-15-2014 10:41 AM
    It was touch and go at first so I did a full reset and it is running so so sweet I an very happy with the update
    04-15-2014 12:43 PM
    I updated after I picked up my Lumia 1020 on Monday. Battery Life is atrocious after coming from my 920 I had hoped for better. Maybe it will get better in time?
    04-16-2014 01:22 PM
    I still don't like the fact that even after the 8.1 update you can't charge the phone when it's off.
    04-16-2014 01:42 PM
    I did and I love it a lot. The swipe keyboard is a breath of fresh air since I moved to WP a year ago I missed it a lot.
    Notifications are fantastic to finally be here, the background images makes it look great. Having the extra rows of tiles I love. I like how the store now installs apps in the background and even auto-updates apps.

It definitely seems to run faster.
    The new volume controls are great.

There's a bit of learning on the updated apps, but it keeps me busy.

I'm pissed that the ? has moved further away when holding down the . key.
    I don't like how in notifications you can't swipe away a single notification, or am I missing something. But you can only swipe away a whole app's notifications.

There is probably more, but It's a great improvement that feels like windows phone is no longer a disappointment. I got my first Lumia as it was cheap 520, and the 1020 for the camera. Now WP can really be recommended.
    04-16-2014 03:06 PM
    Can anyone please share if it is possible to download PDF from IE11 and use it for later usage, instead of opening the Adobe reader that don't even allow sharing to email? I really hope to see that this is now do-able. I don't want to share link on One drive via email. Thanks!
    You can download now PDF-Files. But then they are not in the List of the PDF-Reader. And no, you can't send PDF-Files with E-Mail-Program.
    04-16-2014 03:30 PM
    In my case I notice it's more fluid and faster. For example when going to multitasking, and want to close an app/screen, it's quite faster than before.

The only issue I found, it's the "mute" function, on WP video you can notice the "vibration" mode mute everything, in my case this doesn't work, ony activates on switch off the vibration on the phone, anything else.

Also on the volume menu it doesn't appear on the right the "configuration" direct access as WP video.
    04-16-2014 05:11 PM
    My battery life had improved since the first day. I am currently at 84% after 7 hours of light use. This is better than before. I'm pleased with 8.1 overall. If you're battery is poor I'd suggest letting your phone for completely then charge it fully. It should improve after that. I did it two nights in a row and mine is better.
    04-16-2014 05:16 PM
    Okay... 8.1 ruined my camera. All the photos are super hazy. Battery life is a lot worse than 8. But I've got a lot of background apps running. Still loving 8.1, but I need my camera fixed, pronto. Here's hoping the patch on the 22nd jolts it back.
    04-17-2014 12:56 PM
    Okay... 8.1 ruined my camera. All the photos are super hazy. Battery life is a lot worse than 8. But I've got a lot of background apps running. Still loving 8.1, but I need my camera fixed, pronto. Here's hoping the patch on the 22nd jolts it back.
    Have you done any troubleshooting? Cause this isn't normal. Firstly, wipe the lens? Haha. Reinstall the camera software?
    04-17-2014 08:08 PM
    I've made a thread before this!!!😁
    Can you link us to it, please?
    04-17-2014 09:13 PM
    I have a 1020 on ATT, I saw the update go thru and it rebooted but it appears that I have no new features at all...any help would be great
    04-17-2014 09:39 PM
    Check for updates again
    04-17-2014 09:48 PM
    I'd also like to hear some reports. Do we have any negative impacts on our 1020s by upgrading, for example Nokia Camera not working?
    04-18-2014 06:25 PM
60 123