06-12-2014 02:16 PM
60 123
tools
    I updated on Sunday and these are the issues I have with my 1020.
    * I lose data connection frequently! It's annoying. Especially when I have full bars/LTE(4g).
    * no live tile app notifications, they seemed to stop working. Messaging and email work fine.
    * my phone has froze 3 times since the update. Had to do the hard reset.
    * phone gets really hot.
    *Cortana doesn't say my name! LOL
    *app takes a long time to open and especially load. This is apparent in my instagram apps, in fact pictures don't even load, you have to keep refreshing. I've tried other IG apps and see no difference. All apps seem to be lagging in loading data.

That's about it for my experience.
    04-18-2014 06:32 PM
    I updated on Sunday and these are the issues I have with my 1020.
    * I lose data connection frequently! It's annoying. Especially when I have full bars/LTE(4g).
    * no live tile app notifications, they seemed to stop working. Messaging and email work fine.
    * my phone has froze 3 times since the update. Had to do the hard reset.
    * phone gets really hot.
    *Cortana doesn't say my name! LOL
    *app takes a long time to open and especially load. This is apparent in my instagram apps, in fact pictures don't even load, you have to keep refreshing. I've tried other IG apps and see no difference. All apps seem to be lagging in loading data.

That's about it for my experience.
    Sounds like a good candidate for a reset. ;)

Keep in mind, all Apps may not have been updated for 8.1 yet. But it sounds like you have legit issues beyond Apps not updated, as far as your App data issue.
    04-19-2014 11:22 AM
    Updated my 1020, it's been almost completely lovely.

...only problem's that it's become even more apparent how idiotic it was to release this phone without an SD card slot. This means my heavy filesize games, DNG images and music are still fighting for the same space when storage sense should've been the answer to all my problems... making me almost revert to my far-inferior Lumia 520 on many occasions.

Oh, and my battery life initially took a heavy hit. Strangely enough, it's been getting better regardless of the fact there's been no updates since.
    04-19-2014 11:44 AM
    Cortana doesn't say my name. Weird because even though my name is not common it is well known. "Darwin". You asked me if it sounded right and I replied with "sounds good" but not once have you said it which is starting to bug me. Other than that my 1020 works fine... Every once in awhile Cortana will say "sorry that contact doesn't have a mobile number" when I'm asking questions like "how old are you?"
    04-19-2014 06:19 PM
    Check your background apps, and mail sync settings.
    Oh my God! I know this post was directed at another, but thank you for this!!! I've been going this whole time thinking Cortana was killing my battery when it was the "based on usage" email sync setting.

Changed it to refresh all my accounts per every two hours and like freakin' magic, my battery drain went back to normal.

Been since 2pm yesterday since I juiced up, and we're just now getting to the 47% mark.
    04-20-2014 07:01 AM
    I updated and really like it so far. There are a few things that I don't like. I wish the little status bar up top would auto hide again. I also miss the pictures hub having a back ground image. On the other hand I do like the pic hub lay out. Other then small things like that, the phone is great.
    04-20-2014 07:17 AM
    Updated mine. It's pretty great, no issues so far. I did a hard reset after the update just to be sure I had a clean slate before moving forward. Always best practice for me on any device I have when doing a major update, especially when it's not an official "stable" version.
    04-21-2014 01:24 AM
    I'm curious to how everyone's phones are keeping up with the update? My 1020 seems to still fluctuate from day to day with battery life and speed of the software. One day, I'll get 18 hours of battery no problem, then other days I'll get 10. Today my phone was very laggy and unresponsive at times. This has only happened once or twice.

Has anyone else had these problems or noticed these? Did you do a hard reset after the update? I didn't. Should I?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!!
    04-30-2014 10:35 PM
    It may have something to do with data or WiFi sense.
    06-12-2014 02:10 PM
    I'm curious to how everyone's phones are keeping up with the update? My 1020 seems to still fluctuate from day to day with battery life and speed of the software. One day, I'll get 18 hours of battery no problem, then other days I'll get 10. Today my phone was very laggy and unresponsive at times. This has only happened once or twice.

Has anyone else had these problems or noticed these? Did you do a hard reset after the update? I didn't. Should I?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!!
    No problems with my 1020 and yes I did reset it and no I didn't restore.

I would strongly advise doing the same, battery is 20-25% better on 8.1
    06-12-2014 02:16 PM
60 123