Who has updated their 1020 to 8.1?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone please share if it is possible to download PDF from IE11 and use it for later usage, instead of opening the Adobe reader that don't even allow sharing to email? I really hope to see that this is now do-able. I don't want to share link on One drive via email. Thanks!

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 1020 off the charger for 6 hours and I'm down to 36%. I normally go 16 hours on a charge. Anyone else dealing with this?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I mean if you decided to get the developer preview you are locked into that beta version of software restoring your phone to factory settings is not a option i found this out after i got the developer preview of gdr3 on my Ativ S and i restored my phone to factory settings after encountering a bug and it bricked my phone i then had to go to the hassle of my connecting my phone to my pc and reflashing the phone myself.

Here check this link: http://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/featured/devpreview

Oh, yeah i forgot you couldn't go backwards. Damn, i should have did a wipe and fresh install of 8.0 prior to installing 8.1!

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Check your background apps, and mail sync settings.

I normally have my two emails set to always sync. I never disabled any of my background tasks and I got 12+ hours of medium usage. Now I'm barely getting 7. I really hoping this changes and fast because I need a phone with battery life.

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting less than average battery drain. But I don't know if that's because I keep playing with the phone or that 8.1 is worse with battery life. Only more time will tell.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Worse on my 1020 too. Seems this was truly not end user ready and should just be used for testing, def feels like a beta to me.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Worse on my 1020 too. Seems this was truly not end user ready and should just be used for testing, def feels like a beta to me.

Agreed. Games hub is super slow. Xbox music is unusable. Bad battery life. Removal of Agenda view. 3 Rows of Tiles on the 1020 slows things down a little.

But having said that: Action Center, 3 Rows, Cortana, All Live Tile Apps Updating with no more Background Task Disabled Errors, Fixed Kid's Corner, etc. all more than make up for it. Microsoft will get their act together. This is a preview program, after all. I haven't had this much fun with my phone since I purchased it. I'm already using it very differently. Now that emails, messaging, facebook, and twitter come to the Action Center, there's no need for those tiles to show anything. Makes the live tiles useful in a browsing, keeping up to date, nature - and all the notifications are managed, elsewhere.

Windows Phone 8.1 is... to quote the Ninth (and by FAR the best) Doctor: FANTASTIC!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my L1020 yesterday and all seems OK (so far)....however, I have a feeling my battery life is draining a little quicker than previous. Planning to do a full battery test tomorrow...i.e. charge to 100% and do normal daily usage and see how long it lasts.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
^ I'll be doing the same. I'm hoping my battery picks up. Used to last 16 hours with nothing disabled in the background and both emails always set to sync as arrive. I'm hoping they fix this soon if it is a big problem.

I've looked at other threads on other phones such as the icon our 1520 and people are also having the same problem with those higher end and newer phones. Guess we will have to see.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The Dev Preview is a Beta test lol

Microsoft even says
may not work correctly and are not intended as a substitute for your primary means of telecommunications.

Think i will wait for official release.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The Dev Preview is a Beta test lol

Microsoft even says

Think i will wait for official release.

And yet they knowingly make it easy for non developers to get the update. Personally I don't mind the bugs, it's the deprecation of features that will take yet another update to address, if they do at all. Beta or not, Xbox music still being so bad is inexcusable.

rocktauber

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I updated after I picked up my Lumia 1020 on Monday. Battery Life is atrocious after coming from my 920 I had hoped for better. Maybe it will get better in time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion