WP 8.1 Upgrade error 80188309

florianfrank

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It was not a storage issue in the first place. Microsoft U.S. gave me false information claiming it was about the size, but it simply cannot be the issue. Already reported that they had wrong info and they would talk to that person in question who claimed it.

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpupdate/windows-phone-81-ascend-w1-80188309/5e00c412-16cc-46bd-b6a2-fa6df0ba7c58 said:
thank you oddsve,

we have not forgotten about you and are working on a solution. This issue is stopping you from receiving the goodness we call windows phone 8.1 and for that i apologize.

We are working on this issue, and as soon as i can post more information i will. In the mean time, please enjoy your current windows phone 8 device and watch this thread for more information.

Thank you,

eli a.

fyi

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpupdate/windows-phone-81-ascend-w1-80188309/5e00c412-16cc-46bd-b6a2-fa6df0ba7c58?page=40 said:
Hello Folks,

Just a quick update, we are still investigating the issue and hope to have you guys up and running soon. Based on the time of day I do not foresee a release today, but we are working on getting this turned around as soon as possible.

Please be advised, that "side loading" or flashing your device with anything other than what was designed to go on there by your Mobile Operator and/or OEM WILL void your warranty. In addition, we have seen in the past where these similar changes have forced a device into a state that prevents it from taking future updates beyond the build that the owner tries to take it to. If you decide to go this route and update your device against the suggestion of Microsoft we cannot guarantee your phone to work as designed or to accept future releases.

Remember that firmware settings are based on the individual hardware revision at the time you have purchased your device. Installing a "blanket" firmware version onto your device may deactivate some features or cause your device to go into an unresponsive state.

We request your patience as we finish our investigation into the issue and push out an update. We know you are all very eager to hear Cortana tell you jokes and sing you a lullaby to ease you through your day. We get that and are trying to make sure we get you an update that you will appreciate and enjoy. In addition, we no longer need additional device details. We have sufficient information at this time.

Thank you for being a valued member of our community, and we look forward to updating you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Eli A.
Support Delivery Manager (SDM)
Windows Phone/Xbox Music Community Manager

FYI, for those not subscribed to MS forums thread.

JJsk8

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i can tell you this problem is NOT only for Huawei as i have a nokia Lumia 620 and i get same error!!!!!!!! PLEASE FIX IT ASAP

JJsk8

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
so with my hopes lost as a last resource i changed my phone's language to english (before was finnish) so i instantly got a pop up saying the update was ready to install. Wtf? Then it resetted and now seems to be installing. Could it just be a problem of the language??If you want i'll tell you when it finishes loading...as it looks it might take hours. EDIT: ok, apparently that update was only as for the language change, so i still getting the error when update to 8.1

Last edited:

senhermosa

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
same problem here.. always says "couldn't download the update", but every time i tried to upadte again, it started where it was interrupted..

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpupdate/windows-phone-81-ascend-w1-80188309/5e00c412-16cc-46bd-b6a2-fa6df0ba7c58?page=72 said:
Hello Folks,

Just a quick heads up as to where we are at on this specific issue. Until we roll out the next release, we have decided to stop the update notification to your device so that you don't get your hopes up only to have it error again. As soon as we have this fixed, you will see an update and that should help brighten your day.

Other then that, I don't have anything else to share for the time being. As soon as I have more, I will bring it back here for everyone to hear.

Thank you,

Eli A.

Arghhhh

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Actually there's another thread somewhere where you can install an old Russian W1 rom to your U00 model, upgrade to GDR2 then to developer preview, then it will install GDR3 and then 8.1. It's a really lengthy process, and flashing the phone takes forever (on a first try).

From what I heard, it's something about the current firmware that's not allowing the update to be opened.

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpupdate/windows-phone-81-ascend-w1-80188309/5e00c412-16cc-46bd-b6a2-fa6df0ba7c58?page=81 said:
Hello Everyone,
Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward. Without further delay, here is the news for today:

A little clarification on the update notification. The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur. At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.
The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week. We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like. I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date. I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news. If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look

forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update: This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
Eli A.

Update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss