Swype keyboard ?

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding the swype keyboard to be much better then the traditional one. I've never used a swype keyboard before but I was able to hit the ground running with it.

jonteroinen

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
How can I teach the keyboard new words? I'm getting suggestions but I'd like to add my own words to dictionary, because it doesn't get them right by swiping.

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to swipe to the spacebar. If I enter an entire sentence, swiping between words, it doesn't recognize that I went to the spacebar. The only thing I can do is swipe a word, lift off, press space, swipe another words, press space..

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to swipe to the spacebar. If I enter an entire sentence, swiping between words, it doesn't recognize that I went to the spacebar. The only thing I can do is swipe a word, lift off, press space, swipe another words, press space..

You dont have to press space. it auto inserts it ;)

And having two languages in a swipe keyboard wouldnt be a good idea. It works that great because of the limited amount of possible words in the choosen language. if you have multiple there are too much different words so it would very ofden understand something wrong. Most languages have words in common with slightly different spelling and for such a system its pretty hard to distinguish what the user wanted to type. So I am okay with changing the keyboard to english if I need it. its just one click on a button

RackDaddy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You dont have to press space. it auto inserts it ;)

It does if you release from the keyboard and start another word. Is that the way this was suppose to work? I briefly used Swype on an Android, and you never had to release your finger from the screen; you'd just swipe to the spacebar to insert a space and kept swiping.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
...you'd just swipe to the spacebar to insert a space and kept swiping.

I tried the same thing - to me that was intuitive. I guess it's easy enough to lift my finger after each word, but I wish it allowed me to swipe to the spacebar. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to figure out the words if you don't lift your finger since the space separates them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos