List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they removed the One Drive share option under photos. Now I have to go to one drive and upload photos from there only?

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wait. Tell me they didn't remove the FB messaging in the hub.
Yeah its kinda sucks atm, but as far as I understood we should get it with the new unified Facebook app, made by facebook! This was change so the different apps could plug into the message hub, whatsapp and so on! At least that's what I hope is happening and we are just waiting for the new facebook app to appear!

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain and the overly simplified background tasks option on the settings menu...and the xbox disintegration

If the xbox music will completely integrate my collection to my xbox one, I'm in. I hate having to re-add someone on my xbox I was just listening to in my car.

I actually really like the new background task stuff. They moved it to the battery saver section if you haven't found it yet (I initially freaked out before finding it).

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
They've removed the option to disable the vibration of the capacative buttons...and if you had it disabled, you're out of luck. The vibration's back.

slewis41

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Any one with Facebook problems -- Try to download the Microsoft Facebook app and see if the helps - Then go to your People Hub and it should have better integration.

ilektrolo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
i totally agree as others mentioned above plus i dont like the new way for changing tabs in internet explorer.best way should be to open a new tab in backround or at least make an option if you want to see the new tabs you are opening.even back button was better to return to the previous tab when opening new tabs.also cobalt color in my black lumia 920 seems washed out!

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
My biggest complaint is the removal of FB from the People Hub. The fact that I now have to open the app just to "Like" a post makes this feel like a HUGE step backwards and runs counter to their "get in and get out" mantra of Metro. I also really cannot stand that they brought back the excessive animations between windows and all of the games being in the app list.

josef.r

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Regarding Facebook, you have to download new Facebook app from the Store. What I don't like, the Glance screen doesn't show any notifications... :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

xuggs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Look at the brighter side guys, there are tons of new features and dont' forget this is a developer preview. I was personally hoping for VPN to support PPTP/L2TP.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they removed the One Drive share option under photos. Now I have to go to one drive and upload photos from there only?

Oh that really blows if true, its similar to the iPhone integration where i can only uploads files from OneDrive app which sucks...much prefered the seamless integration with WP8.

Can anyone confirm IE11 uses swipe to go back/forward between pages?

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So far the only thing that bothers me estheticly is that on the left and right side is more space than before. What I mean is the boarder between the tiles and the end of the screen is bigger than before left and right. So far that's the only complaint.
Btw it's the Lumia 1520.

wp_hero

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
In Settings>Application they remove Xbox Games options

I dont want xbox game hub to update and receive info everytime i open it

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I missed the way which I could easily switch between silent and ring mode in the volume menu.

It used to go from lock screen: volume up or down to bring up the volume menu, press ring + vibrate/vibrate toggle

It now goes from lock screen: volume up or down to bring up the volume menu, press the down arrow to bring up volume menu, press bell/vibrate toggle.

You can also mute media the same way and turn off vibrate individually from this menu.

spyridon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
They've removed the option to disable the vibration of the capacative buttons...and if you had it disabled, you're out of luck. The vibration's back.

You sure about that ? I still have the option under settings - touch, to disable the vibration for wp keys. (Lumia 820 black updated to 8.1) Check it once more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos