List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a 1520 and IMO the scaling is too small!! I open calendar app click on an event and it takes up 1/5 of the upper screen!! I got the 1520 for the bigger screen and so everything else was bigger please fix this asap, it sucks how everything is so small on a huge screen.

supercat27

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the QR codes placed on many sites and normally would navigate using Bing Vision - There is now no easy way to launch Bing Vision - it should be an option that can be place in the action center!

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This update is starting to feel like a mess, not sure I'll be upgrading now.

Many bugs, removal of FB integration, Me Tile useless, Music Hub was perfect now we'll have an app which will lag, etc. This is starting to fell like Android 4.0. May go back to Android if they don't fix these problems.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Haha you have to love all the negative threads that pop up after a major update. Seriously though this is why I'm waiting to update. From what I can tell the pros are outweighing the cons but I think MS took some steps back in a couple spots. Are we thinking that sans a couple of things this is basically what we are getting with the official update?

mdshot10

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the update is technically good because it gives a refreshing feeling towards the user but then we really need to understand that it is still in beta stage, so here are the things that i'm having issues with

1. IE 11 - i thought the bug with facebook mobile regarding of the big picture sizes when you view has been fixed but i was wrong, yes, it worked on the first time i tried after updating but after resetting my phone the issue is still present.
2. Xbox Music - it's really good and i love it however the delay or slowness of the app is catching up with me.
3. Xbox Video - i really need subtitle support and more video format support.
4. Social Media Integration - i don't really mind if they will remove this feature but not at this point where we don't really have good apps for it.
5. Action Center - i wish microsoft will put a automatic integration of the apps in the action center and of course additional settings just like in android where we can just scroll left and right or 2 finger swiping down and then all of the toggles will be shown.
6. File Manager - self-explanatory
7. Better Application Access - we really need this for our apps to access certain folders in the device, i'm getting tired of not being able to hide some of my personal files and putting my movies in the camera roll folder instead in the videos folder.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I use the QR codes placed on many sites and normally would navigate using Bing Vision - There is now no easy way to launch Bing Vision - it should be an option that can be place in the action center!
get app "Lenses" then you'll have quick access to it

Damn I think I wrote this same comment about 10times already))

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Many bugs, removal of FB integration, Me Tile useless, Music Hub was perfect now we'll have an app which will lag, etc. This is starting to fell like Android 4.0. May go back to Android if they don't fix these problems.
Bugs are common in a DEVELOPER preview this isn't the release version give them time to iron it out.
Facebook integration removal sucks, but Facebook is responsible for that change not Microsoft, Twitter works like it did before which continues to point that Facebook demanded the change, and this isn't Microsoft took away on purpose.
Xbox Music isn't updated to Windows Phone 8.1 yet which is why it's buggy, give them time to update it before you claim judgement.
How is the ME title useless now? I can still check what's new in recent posts, I can check in, and still post updates directly in the app for anything but Facebook (Which wasn't Microsoft's fault).

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Bugs are common in a DEVELOPER preview this isn't the release version give them time to iron it out.
Facebook integration removal sucks, but Facebook is responsible for that change not Microsoft, Twitter works like it did before which continues to point that Facebook demanded the change, and this isn't Microsoft took away on purpose.
Xbox Music isn't updated to Windows Phone 8.1 yet which is why it's buggy, give them time to update it before you claim judgement.
How is the ME title useless now? I can still check what's new in recent posts, I can check in, and still post updates directly in the app for anything but Facebook (Which wasn't Microsoft's fault).

Please note I haven't updated yet, I'm just freaking out because of all I've been reading in the forums. I just don't want WP to become another messy buggy Android, but with less apps.
But I'll stay with WP, still better than Android. I've bought apps on WP and recommended to a lot of people, something I never did with Android.

But I'm still concerned the bugs will remain, as Joe Belfiore said this version was already shipped to OEMs.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Where does this idea come from that this version is not the release version? This is the version sent out to reviewers, phone manufacturers and the public (don't kid yourself that MS doesn't know that us "developers" aren't really developers). This IS the release version.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving 8.1 so far, but I have noticed that when I set my picture hub to use favorite pics, it shows them for a little while then goes to a transparent tile with no picture.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

What are these "many bugs"? I haven't noticed any. Yes, integration and music is a mess, but other than that it's actually really good. So many new features I would already miss if I went back to 8.0

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Drawbacks of this update:
1. All Xbox 🎮 apps are utter failure (my music 🎶 and gaming experience has been ruined)
2. No hubs anymore
3. Store now loads slower
4. No social media integration
5. Internet Explorer's laggy tab menu

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Where does this idea come from that this version is not the release version? This is the version sent out to reviewers, phone manufacturers and the public (don't kid yourself that MS doesn't know that us "developers" aren't really developers). This IS the release version.

The fact that Cortana only supports the USA and that it lists as "beta" when I open it up, suggests to me that it may not be the release version of 8.1.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Drawbacks of this update:
1. All Xbox  apps are utter failure (my music  and gaming experience has been ruined)
2. No hubs anymore
3. Store now loads slower
4. No social media integration
5. Internet Explorer's laggy tab menu

I was under the impression that twitter still worked in the people hub without issue. Is that not accurate?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that twitter still worked in the people hub without issue. Is that not accurate?

Twitter still works the same except for sharing links when I try to share a link twitter is not listed as option but as far as the me tile twitter is still the same.

I'm guessing the twitter app needs to be updated to 8.1

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Boothinell

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Right... Do you not think that if you get a notification, say from WhatsApp, and you open it from the Action Centre that you'd want the live tile (and lock screen) notitication to disappear, and vice versa? It just annoys me that I have to see the notification, then re-open the app to clear the notification from the live tile/lock screen, or clear it from the Action Centre despite you already having seen it... Or is it just me?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Twitter still works the same except for sharing links when I try to share a link twitter is not listed as option but as far as the me tile twitter is still the same.

I'm guessing the twitter app needs to be updated to 8.1

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

As noted by many others as well, that suggest to me that the FB issue in the hub is probably not a Microsoft thing, but a Facebook thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa