List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

rrec

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Please bring back the old agenda view asap! Not enough space for users with lots of appointments and much easier to scroll through agenda from day to day then slide through the daily view.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Agenda View from the app store. It is a fantastic app that is incredibly smooth and made to add the feature back.
Thanks for the heads up on that app. It does what it says, BUT, I need the live tile for it to be useful as not having two calendar apps on my screen!!

F60Outrunn

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
wait, you can actually use podcasts on WP8? i have had my Lumia 920 for well over a year and i dunno how the HELL i am supposed to get podcasts on it, xbox music/video has a podcasts section and it says 'its lonely in here, go to the store to add some podcasts' or something, but the store dosent have a goddamm podcast section!!! really annoys me. I'm in the uk, dunno if that affects it at all.

im on 8.0 not 8.1 btw

Shai Shai

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
My mom has poor eyesight and she enjoys her Lumia 1320 because she can chat on Facebook in Messaging through Chat since she can set the font size to the biggest possible, unlike in FB Messenger. Hope you can work to integrate FB chat again. It's our biggest concern.

Please bring back photo and game hub. They lessen the clutter on the phone.

We can no longer use full screen when watching videos online.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow this thread still lives :) I started it when DP was released. Back then ppl didnt like music app and it's still terrible

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Keyboard.
Why did they remove the comma (,) I know it's under dot (.) I,also,know,some,people,used,to,type,like,this,hitting,comma,instead,of,space)) but common really

Go to Settings>Keyboard>English. There is an option to show the comma key.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Two very weird things,
First is that when I scroll down through start screen, tiles fares away for a second which I don't know why.
Second is the camera bug that doesn't works as the screen goes black. This still happened for the first time so I hope it doesn't.

Filip Arsenijevic

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I do not like that when im in IE , every time i open a new tab and switch back to the 'all tabs' section , i cant get organized in it since everything is just like...out of order in there. Normal thing would be that the first page you open is on top left , and then goes second right after , and so on , but its never like that.
Second thing i do not like is that im not allowed to have data internet in quick notifications...
Third thing is slow music application. The app opens up like 1-2 seconds , and then the worst thing , when i press the 'songs' tile , to go to my all songs , it starts a little sync or something , so id have to wait again before i could browse my songs. And i cant scroll fast down , cause they have to build up , and somewhat do other little sync'-s again.
Next is music and video app in general.
I really dont know what the f*** do i need xbox for... I REALLY DONT WANT AN XBOX SETTING IN MY PHONE , I DONT USE THE DAMN THING , NOR I USE THEIR SITE. I would just want to see playlist with my own videos , and a playlist with my own songs. I don't want the first thing which opens to be Xbox video ? Seriously ? Like..really ? I scroll left = movies store , i scroll AGAIN = spotlight ? I open music app and see xbox music ? Those are really all the complaints i currently have , but all in one , best phone i ever had.. but i guess u cant have it all.. (imo the xbox crap just looks like an annoying addvertisement .
- Oh yea , and i don't like that they removed the native lumia facebook chat integrated with the messages.:cool::angry::cool:

Richie_P6

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The process of turning the ringer on/off is now too complicated. You now have to press the on/off button, then the volume button, then CAREFULLY touch the little down arrow in the top RIGHT corner (if you even slightly slide down from the top, you get the notification center and have go back to step 2), and then finally you can reach over to the opposite side (left) and touch the ring/vibrate symbol.
8.0 was a ton easier.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The process of turning the ringer on/off is now too complicated. You now have to press the on/off button, then the volume button, then CAREFULLY touch the little down arrow in the top RIGHT corner (if you even slightly slide down from the top, you get the notification center and have go back to step 2), and then finally you can reach over to the opposite side (left) and touch the ring/vibrate symbol.
8.0 was a ton easier.

You can tap anywhere on the top bar to lower the volume controls, not only the little arrow. ;)

Richie_P6

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Also, text-to-speech and speech-to-text when paired with my car stereo worked a LOT better with 8.0.
Firstly, Cortana uses far too many words when listing options to read/ignore, and reply/call/I'm done, etc.
Secondly, Cortana stops listening when I dictate a text if I pause for half a microsecond. Then she yammers on for an eternity before giving me the option to add more.
Thirdly, voice navigation through bluetooth has an even longer lag then it used to. Now it is totally unusable.

Richie_P6

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
You can tap anywhere on the top bar to lower the volume controls, not only the little arrow. ;)

Ok. Cool. That's a little better. But it's still an extra tap and too easy to accidentally pull down the notification center. While I appreciate the ability to separately adjust volume of different functions. Microsoft (as must any phone maker) needs to try harder to make silencing and un-silencing the phone super easy. Ideally, I need to be able to silence my phone without looking at it. The whole point of silencing is to not be rude to the people around me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923