Lumia 720 - Windows Phone 8.1 thread!

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all Lumia 720 owners, let's use this thread to talk about the HUGE WP8.1 update! :D
I Installed it today (april 14), via developer preview...
I took around 30 minutes to get it fully working (gears + migrating data), anything works great! :amaze:

**What I like**
- All features packed on WP8.1 (Action Center, Tile Backgorund, Cortana, etc);
- System 'seems faster'; haha
- Animations are really faster and smoother than before;
- Gorgeous new clock font on lockscreen;
- All Sense functionalities;
- I see less "Loading/Resuming" screens for now (just an impression);
- New charging sound is less annoying;
- New Camera UI is better than before;
- Space between status bar and first top tiles is cut in at least 60%, now shows more tiles once, having less waste of screen as in WP8;
- Cortana (had to changed my region to US, I'm from Brazil :p)
- Scrolling glitch, that used to happen when tap Home while scrolling the homescreen, IS GONE!

**What I dislike**
- Xbox Music and Videos apps, in WP8 Music+Videos hub was already crappy and slow,
but this takes another level on WP8.1 (hope it will get better with time and updates);
- When coming back to homescreen, some tiles that does have custom color or content
(like 'Me' hub, Xbox, Facebook etc) haves to reload content/custom color, it happens on little
flash, but it's a bit annoying.
EDIT: Looks like it stopped :D
- Personally, i didn't like the three columns on homescreen, they look really strange, thanks that its optional; (opinion)

On my personal impression, Windows Phone 8.1 is A LOT better than WP8, It totally worth the wait for the preview and I TOTALLY RECOMMEND YOU GUYS TO UPDATES YOUR PHONE! : D

Last edited:

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Have the same query. Plz let me know if u get a solution !

and i'm not getting 3 columns on the start screen. Any help ?

Hey.Im from India and i updated my phone without changing the location to us.
Any idea how I can get cortana now? :/

You can change your region AFTER the update, go to settings>region>then select US and reboot
then Settings > Language and add English US > reboot and then you'll see Cortana! :D

For three tiles columns, Settings> Start+Theme > scrol down > show more tiles

Ingwion

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Nobody came across with not working action center, but on my lumia 720 action center did not come up by scrolling down, I checked the settings, could anyone help me about it? And I tried hard reset 2 times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99