No more live tile for Xbox Music?

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda disappointed by this. Not a deal breaker but this was one of my initial reasons I switched to a WP. Overall though, the update is SICK! I love it. That's my only disappointment so far.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm kinda disappointed by this. Not a deal breaker but this was one of my initial reasons I switched to a WP. Overall though, the update is SICK! I love it. That's my only disappointment so far.

Not that I sit and watch the XBOX Music live tile but yeah, going to miss this. It was so "Zune" like...hope it gets restored...

jposthauer

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the xbox games tile not live anymore as well? I do not see my avatar or anything on it. I went into the app to make sure everything was shown correctly inside the app.

Francesco Savoini

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
The live tile was the best in wp7, when it showed artist images even when not playing. Now the last problem with the app is the live tile... it's just sluggish overall

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
this might just be a bug or something that wasn't implemented properly. With it being a standalone app, it should be easier to fix. I'm just glad the artist image still shows up on the lock screen though.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I'm pretty sure the xbox music app is the same as it was on WP8.0. I'm really hoping they release an update to it soon because in it's current state it's a terrible replacement for the music+videos hub.

Which is actually pretty normal for MS since the switch from Zune to xbox music on Win8 was similarly bad.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
First time I've seen this Xbox music and it doesn't work. Is it supposed to load your entire collection?! Regardless, nothing plays now. I just get "this item is not available." Nokia Mix Radio for me now.

Kwartel

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I also noticed that they broke the whole artist as lockscreen thing. At least for me. Also, the updating of Xbox Music streaming titles is still weird.. Still no dealbreaker as it's acceptable, but I do have to say that Xbox Music is having his good and bad trades..

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, I only had about a thousand songs on my phone... and it STILL took forever for it to go through "Updating songs...". I pity someone that has more music.

I know I sound like a broken record (ahem), but Xbox Music is a terrible app, and a big disappointment. I used it when it came out back in December, and can't believe that the crap we got then (which I uninstalled quickly) is the same crap we get now.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I updated my 920 and listening to music is an absolute ***** now! So I'm back on my 520 as a primary until a fix is implemented..

Kwartel

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Also, I only had about a thousand songs on my phone... and it STILL took forever for it to go through "Updating songs...". I pity someone that has more music.

I know I sound like a broken record (ahem), but Xbox Music is a terrible app, and a big disappointment. I used it when it came out back in December, and can't believe that the crap we got then (which I uninstalled quickly) is the same crap we get now.

Indeed. I'm actually thinking of moving to move to Deezer from Xbox Music, as they also liver MP3 uploading. That way I can do everything from their cloud and go back to Xbox Music after they cleaned up this gigantic mess.

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm really disapointed , the live tile effect was pretty cool .
Also, the artist picture on background / lock screen is gone .

This is one of the few Things i don't love in WP 8.1 , the old music + videos applications was far better than this one ...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
On the bright side, at least a fix is able to come through an app update as opposed to waiting for a system update.

BigwaveMx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm really disapointed , the live tile effect was pretty cool .
Also, the artist picture on background / lock screen is gone .

This is one of the few Things i don't love in WP 8.1 , the old music + videos applications was far better than this one ...
artist image for background and lock screen works fine in my L820. Maybe you need to disable and reenable the setting.

Last edited:

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with other people that have said that the Xbox Music app sucks. I did not like it on 8.0 and did not use it. Now we have no choice. It is slow and seem to be continually looking for music. I also cannot get it to show album years. On the old music and video hub, they would show up if i copied music to the SD card and then put it into the phone. I like my albums in each artist folder to be sorted by year.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know ... I just love new Xbox Music, the app take some time to "updating music" but only for the first time I've opened. After that seems great, and now we can edit playlists, move music's up and down, delete etc ... Btw I disable the option for "streaming music".

Live title is a big lost :/

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
artist image for background and lock screen works fine in my L820. Maybe you need to disable and reenable the setting.

Well , there's artist image , but only for the Cloud collection ( Streaming Music ) , the music files that i added with the Computer don't show Artist Images anymore , and MPATool doesn't seem to work with this new Version of Xbox Music App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786