No more live tile for Xbox Music?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I was an early Zune Adopter. Briefly had a brown Zune, then upgraded to the Zune 120gig when it came out. Zune by far was the best player on the market. It doesn't bug me that they got rid of the brand, but they didn't need to kill everything else that it had. Xbox Music sucks.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the tile at least make the words move when nothings playing? I have that as double wide and might have to find something else instead if it is really this bad. I loved that it showed artist and was live, please be a bug. And I agree, that Xbox Music app in the store is trash, is it exactly like that now?

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I miss the Music Live Tile too! I'm hoping that the app gets updated to be more on par with the Xbox Music app on Windows 8.x -- Features are pretty similar now, but the one feature that is still not present is the Tile - fingers crossed...

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I also miss having the correct album art. Some of my albums have the wrong album covers. I have added all covers to my music, but with the Xbox Music app some are the wrong covers. And the covers are for albums I do not own.

hafeezpunjani

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
my app wont stop saying updating music. I waited the first time for it all to complete, but the next time i boot the app it does the same thing. Anybody else have this or it this just the way the app is?

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
my app wont stop saying updating music. I waited the first time for it all to complete, but the next time i boot the app it does the same thing. Anybody else have this or it this just the way the app is?

Exact same thing with me. I hate this app. At least I have my 520 for music, I will not update it. I think it is great that the made the new Xbox music app, but they should have got it to work. It is ironic that they created this piece of ahit music app so they could update it more often, but they can't even give the same functionality as the old one.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know ... I just love new Xbox Music, the app take some time to "updating music" but only for the first time I've opened. After that seems great, and now we can edit playlists, move music's up and down, delete etc ... Btw I disable the option for "streaming music".

Live title is a big lost :/

My Playlists are gone...nothing to edit. :(

FrostbiteWolf

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it wasn't just me. This sucks, the live tile was so elegant in terms of design and the transition/animation was beautifully done. I'm also still sad about the current tool we have to sync our music with the phone, why not make something similar to Zune with a modern UI or just keep zune and re-brand it to Xbox Music.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My start screen was filled with tiles to albums. None of them work anymore. It just opens the current now playing or whatever. I've repinned the albums and that works, but now there is the album title text on the tile whereas before it was just the album cover, which looked way more slick.

It also screwed up a lot of my photos, which appear as gray boxes now. Before all the photos displayed fine.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Photo live tile still displays a selection of photos but the photo app itself no longer displays a photo as the background either. Why did they change these things? I really wish I didn't update. Music and photos were basically the only things I used my phone for besides texting and they screwed it up pretty bad.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It does seem that Xbox Music didn't get very good treatment in this update. I'm also not a big fan of how I now have to be on the "get music" section of Xbox Music to be able to search the store for new tracks to add to my phone. Some of the changes in this app are a bit odd compared to how it used to work.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It does seem that Xbox Music didn't get very good treatment in this update. I'm also not a big fan of how I now have to be on the "get music" section of Xbox Music to be able to search the store for new tracks to add to my phone. Some of the changes in this app are a bit odd compared to how it used to work.

I disagree. On the front end, maybe not, but they did a lot of work on the back end. I have some songs that lets say... Weren't downloaded in a great way in the eyes of some agencies, but Xbox music complies them so it fills in all of the missing appropriate information. They really need to make it easier to buy the music and they need to bring the live tile back, but I have a good feeling that they'll fix it soon.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
And the HTC weather app stopped updating the time its like 10 minutes behind now. Wow this update is horrible.

Throw your phone away then. Just because it doesn't match your preferences, doesn't make it horrible. I tend to disagree with you. You're entitled to an opinion, but you sound ridiculous speaking as though they're firm facts.

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I really hope they changed the ability or modified it so that the volume play/pause controls stay on the lock screen at all times when active.

To have to go away after a few seconds is really a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss