WP8.1 Developer Preview BUG

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
No bugs here. Except for the fact that my phone did freeze at one point (although it may be due to the fact that my apps were all installing). Also, Cortana doesn't seem to know how to work with Facebook, like it did at the Build demo. However, this might be because she's still in Beta and not because she's bugged, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

MetalAZ

May 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone is still just as responsive but while playing with it I've experienced the following problems so far:

1. While playing with Cortana I tried random searches. The last thing I tried was Nasdaq which it got right where it showed the search text but then said my music queue was empty instead of anything related to stocks. Now when I search for it nothing happens, just starts over asking me to search for something.

2. While playing with setting images behind the live tiles, it was working and showing me the one I selected but then started showing me the wrong images. I kept picking an image and it would show me a random one I had picked previously. I rebooted and now it's showing me the right one.

3. I tried to shutdown the phone and it reboot instead.

I have a Lumia 928. I'm not complaining or anything, glad to have the update.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone is still just as responsive but while playing with it I've experienced the following problems so far:

1. While playing with Cortana I tried random searches. The last thing I tried was Nasdaq which it got right where it showed the search text but then said my music queue was empty instead of anything related to stocks. Now when I search for it nothing happens, just starts over asking me to search for something.

2. While playing with setting images behind the live tiles, it was working and showing me the one I selected but then started showing me the wrong images. I kept picking an image and it would show me a random one I had picked previously. I rebooted and now it's showing me the right one.

3. I tried to shutdown the phone and it reboot instead.

I have a Lumia 928. I'm not complaining or anything, glad to have the update.

For 3, did you have it plugged in? I know for my 520, it can't charge without being powered on. So if I turn it off when it's plugged in, it automatically starts again. It did this in prior versions as well.

dwbmb

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It ignores my ID3 album arts for some interprets and it (i guess) downloaded some weird not-matching random **** instead. Great. Someone in MS thought like this "Hmmm, someone spent hours by making his collection perfect with album arts included. Screw him! Download some random crap instead! It will be fun, trust me!"

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
yeah i dunno why but i have that feeling that was a bad ideea Now i„m feel like i have an ANDROID in my hands and not a WP8.1

Seems to be better now that I've given it time and rebooted. I hope it doesn't turn into my typical Android experience, where animations are slow, test is delayed, and it becomes a frustrating mess.

fonix232

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
My 520 does seem a little bit slower (not actually slower - animations are faster, etcetera, but there are small freezes in e.g. Store). Overall it's a better experience than 8.0, even with the small hiccups it gets sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb