Minor feature discovery in the keyboard. FYI

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just wanted to let you know something I discovered while using the keyboard. You know new keyboard suggests emoticons when entering the text. For example, if I am writing I love windows phone, after typing (or swyping) the word love, the top bar on the keyboard will show heart icon. You can tap on it and the message will look like -
I love <heart icon> windows phone.

Now here is the new part I found. just before you tap the heart icon on the keyboard top bar, tap backspace once and than tap the icon. The text entered will show -
I <heart icon> windows phone.

This makes more sense as it removes the word 'love', and the redundancy associated with it.

Thanks

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just wanted to let you know something I discovered while using the keyboard. You know new keyboard suggests emoticons when entering the text. For example, if I am writing I love windows phone, after typing (or swyping) the word love, the top bar on the keyboard will show heart icon. You can tap on it and the message will look like -
I love <heart icon> windows phone.

Now here is the new part I found. just before you tap the heart icon on the keyboard top bar, tap backspace once and than tap the icon. The text entered will show -
I <heart icon> windows phone.

This makes more sense as it removes the word 'love', and the redundancy associated with it.

Thanks

Nice find

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa