WP8.1 Tips & Tricks

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: Tips and Tricks

Here's a great tip for installing apps FROM your SD Card :)

If you have an SD Card in your device and you want to install that app, just go to:
Store --> Tap the "..." on the Lower Right of the Screen --> Install Local Apps --> Tadaan~

It's actually much better than the previous version because you don't have to refresh your phone over and over again in order to see the 'SD Card' option in the store :)

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site

And so here is the six tiles panes on lumia 620

Go to Start+Theme and you will see the option ...
wp_ss_20140415_0002.png
wp_ss_20140415_0003.png

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard Emoticon Feature

I posted this somewhere else, but it should go here.You know new keyboard suggests emoticons when entering the text. For example, if I am writing I love windows phone, after typing (or swyping) the word love, the top bar on the keyboard will show heart icon. You can tap on it and the message will look like - I love windows phone. Now here is the new part I found. just before you tap the heart icon on the keyboard top bar, tap backspace once and than tap the icon. The text entered will show - I windows phone. This makes more sense as it removes the word 'love', and the redundancy associated with it.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Now it's harder to scan QR codes if you are enabling Cortana.
you can use the Bing lens in the camera. but i find you can turn off location and use bing form search button just like before.
it's faster if you are using location icon in action center. :cool:

jawss

May 17, 2013
Visit site

my tip was deleted :( Reposting because some folks are actually unaware that you can mute volume for ringer/media by tapping on the respective icons.

tip.png

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

If you want the comma back on the keyboard, head to Settings > Keyboard.

Edit (8 Sep 2014): Just discovered this feature is disabled on my 635. What's up with that, Microsoft?!

Last edited:

jadejavu

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, seeing all the likes, but long pressing on WiFi button does nothing. Maybe you got mislead by the fact that for turning WiFi on you just have to tap. But for turning it off tapping stil opens the menu.
Hi, I tried it and it only works when you turn-on. It doesnt work when you are trying to turn-off the wifi

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Storage Sense > Phone > apps&games

You can choose to move over your apps to SD card from here. Seriously, this is one of the most useful features for me. L820 out.

Ignotum666

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Before you can see the likes on Me, now is a must open facebook?, I can't found the shortcut

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Dazzah666

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I noticed that it can auto fix issues with SD cards, previously it suggested removing the card and inserting it in to a PC.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs