Battery life after 8.1?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey! So we all know how terrible the battery life is for our Lumia 920's! But after installing 8.1... Do you feel any difference in battery life? Does it seem worse, better or the same as before?

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hard to tell. Battery life on my 820 was appalling to start with and I've been messing with 8.1 since it updated :winktongue: I'll probably get a better indication tomorrow as I'm going to be away from a charger for a day.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Time will tell.

However... Battery Saver shows IE has highest battery usage. One nice thing is you can go turn off it's ability to run in the background... which I just did. Will be interesting to see if that helps as I've always suspected IE as being a battery eater.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had some issues while update my phone shows 100% and then 0% then 100% again.
Phone is going crazy with all updates, give a few days for it to settle.

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine still does not want to charge on the wireless charging plate. After the update it wasnt showing that it was charging. Restarted and then it did but, I'm syncing my music and it has drained my battery and now I'm getting critically low message. Only thing running is xbox music. Not sure why it can't keep up.

jsjohnson1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah my L920 is taking forever to charge on the charge plate. Something is definitely amiss here either with the software controlling the wireless charging or something else is eating up additional battery. I even went into the batter saver mode and forced it into "Always". The phone IS charging but it appears to be at a slower rate especially considering I have the "always" mode enabled right now I would expect it to charge much faster than normal.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Time will tell.

However... Battery Saver shows IE has highest battery usage. One nice thing is you can go turn off it's ability to run in the background... which I just did. Will be interesting to see if that helps as I've always suspected IE as being a battery eater.

How did you manage to turn off IE? I have been able to turn of most apps but IE does not give me an option too in Battery Sense.

vansiv

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Everything amazing, just two little things: 1. I feel my home screen more compressed, I don't know why, but is something related to space between home screen and bezel. 2. Battery issues, I never had battery problems, I fix and check all but I can't found what app is sucking my battery.

slanucha

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here for me on Lumia 925. Charged it yesterday evening and in the morning phone was shut down due to the low battery. I almost got late for work because of that.
The battery level is 97% few minutes after I unplugged the phone.

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
jury is still out on battery life...my L1020 was fully charged when I left my house this morning however I'd lost 18% by the time I came out of the gym this morning (around 90 mins later). Mind you, it could be down to the fact that I have been flicking around the new features....

Will do a proper battery test tomorrow (i.e. put on charge overnight and see how long the charge lasts when doing 'normal' use).

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My 928 seems to be fairing well. Its not draining as quick as it was before but I still need a few more days with the update but I am noticing its holding charge alot longer

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery dropped 60% after a update but switched on and off and went back to 86%. I do think the battery is draining more but remember we are all using the DEVELOPERS PREVIEW so we can expect a few problems.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
my Lumia 925 always had problem with battery life, with Wp8.1 now its even worse :p 100% this morning at 8 am, 25% at 14.30 and light usage (i worked 5 hours and can't use a lot my phone while working), no gaming, no gps, only a few facebook whatsapp and cortana!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's only been a little over 12 hours but I'm seeing an increase per hour in consumption on my Icon. I usually averaged 2% to 3% per hour with light to moderate usage and now I'm seeing around 3.5%. I disallowed pretty much every app I don't use as a Live tile from running in the background, too. Next few days with normal use should be more telling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb