with the wp 8.1 update I can't browse on desktop mode in almost every website

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Before the 8.1 update I was able to surf on desktop mode trough the internet.
But know after the update I can't this makes me so angry. Just 5% of my visited sites opens in desktop the rest in mobile version. I selected under settings Desktop Mode but alot websites open in mobile format -_-+
And Microsoft couldn't fixed the smallest issues within 2 years for example in some websites if you click the search field than the browser opens a advertising website and I have to click the back button and if I click it again than it opens again so I can't use the website because of this issue Microsoft is it so hard that the crappy advertising web site get opens on a new tap man I'm so angry with this two issues

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing too, specifically with Facebook. It redirects me to the mobile version of Facebook. I just found a fix. Inside the mobile version at the bottom left there is a hyperlink for the Desktop mode. I clicked that and all is well again. Whew. Scared me for a sec.

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've got the same problem with wpcentral for example and they got luckily a link to the full page but bot every webpage got this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro