Microphone problem specific to Lumia 925 after installing dev. preview

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
How was it?

Any problem so far?

The reason I asked is because after the update, my microphone is not working at all. not working for whatsapp voice mail, not working of course for Cortana..

It seems to be that those who have this problem have nokia 925. if you have updated, can you checked for me please?

Last edited:

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Not so far. I have to relearn Swype but its will quite awesome so far.

The reason I asked is because after the update, my microphone is not working at all. not working for whatsapp voice mail, not working of course for Cortana..

It seems to be that those who have this problem have nokia 925. if you have updated, can you checked for me please?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
wow with GDR3? so how did you fix this? you didn't let the microphone broken for months right?

I did actually. The phone microphone still works, and I rarely used speakerphone or video recording. I had been hoping for the more robust backup features in 8.1 to work with all apps, not just ones that the developer opts into, so I didn't want to send it back for repair until after 8.1. Unfortunately, that turned out to not be the case, but I'll be sending it back to Nokia sometime this week.

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
so TOday I contacted NOkia, they said one of the mic must have been broken. They suggest me to use Nokia Recovery Tool to reflash the phone to Lumia Black, and get it fixed by them.

Feel so unlucky and now even afraid to update the Phone anymore.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in my other post, it's most likely the phone is acting like the headphones are still plugged in, so what I do is a little trick of plugging it in and out again and voila!

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with the mike but only when I'm using speech to text e.g. Cortana. I was able to phone without a problem which makes me think it's a software issue.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Bryce Wade

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem here. Cortana not working and even when im recording (video or memo) there is no sound coming out.

But i got a feeling that maybe it started even before i downloaded the 8.1 beta version.

I'll try to connect a hand free kit just to check if the mobile is not blocked on the headphone mode. And see if cortana and all could work.

Is it true that if you have downloaded the 8.1 version that means your phone is no longer under garantee?

Thxs for the feedback.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I have the same problem with the mike but only when I'm using speech to text e.g. Cortana. I was able to phone without a problem which makes me think it's a software issue.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

There are two different microphones. One is used for phone calls. The other is used for speakerphone, recording notes, recording video, Cortana, etc.

Bryce Wade

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
There are two different microphones. One is used for phone calls. The other is used for speakerphone, recording notes, recording video, Cortana, etc.

So that means is a technical issue? and the only way to fix it is to send the phone at nokia support? Cause i can indeed make calls, but nothing else .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers