After the Windows 8.1 update, Apps are not opening. Whenever i open any app it tries to load and then closes. A very few apps/settings are accesible. Like Data, Internet Explorer. I am getting notifications for new mails.. but mail is not opening. Something got screwed up and i have no idea how to get this working. Can anyone help ?
    04-14-2014 04:01 PM
    try a few soft resets.. if that doesnt work go to settings backup what you want and do a hard reset, but do not do this lightly.. as some users report getting stuck and others seem to go through it with no problems
    Vasu Jain likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:10 PM
    try a few soft resets.. if that doesnt work go to settings backup what you want and do a hard reset, but do not do this lightly.. as some users report getting stuck and others seem to go through it with no problems
    I had to do a hard reset. I had multiple issues. Applications not opening, no calendar, no cortana, keyboard didn't work, no local photos (though they were on phone). I decided to risk the hard reset, only took about 20 minutes, and everything was working. Of course, I had to download everything from scratch and rebuild my start screen.
    Vasu Jain likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:40 PM
    I had to do a hard reset. I had multiple issues. Applications not opening, no calendar, no cortana, keyboard didn't work, no local photos (though they were on phone). I decided to risk the hard reset, only took about 20 minutes, and everything was working. Of course, I had to download everything from scratch and rebuild my start screen.
    damn. that would be ugly :( I will loose all the apps :(
    04-14-2014 04:49 PM
    a lot of my apps were not available the moment the update finished.... apps were available after 5-10 minutes.... Cortana was available, but just showed bing listings until about 2 hours after when she decided to "get to know me"... patience seems to be key.
    Vasu Jain likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:54 PM