After update, Apps are not opening

Vasu Jain

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
After the Windows 8.1 update, Apps are not opening. Whenever i open any app it tries to load and then closes. A very few apps/settings are accesible. Like Data, Internet Explorer. I am getting notifications for new mails.. but mail is not opening. Something got screwed up and i have no idea how to get this working. Can anyone help ?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
try a few soft resets.. if that doesnt work go to settings backup what you want and do a hard reset, but do not do this lightly.. as some users report getting stuck and others seem to go through it with no problems

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
try a few soft resets.. if that doesnt work go to settings backup what you want and do a hard reset, but do not do this lightly.. as some users report getting stuck and others seem to go through it with no problems

I had to do a hard reset. I had multiple issues. Applications not opening, no calendar, no cortana, keyboard didn't work, no local photos (though they were on phone). I decided to risk the hard reset, only took about 20 minutes, and everything was working. Of course, I had to download everything from scratch and rebuild my start screen.

Vasu Jain

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset. I had multiple issues. Applications not opening, no calendar, no cortana, keyboard didn't work, no local photos (though they were on phone). I decided to risk the hard reset, only took about 20 minutes, and everything was working. Of course, I had to download everything from scratch and rebuild my start screen.

damn. that would be ugly :( I will loose all the apps :(

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
a lot of my apps were not available the moment the update finished.... apps were available after 5-10 minutes.... Cortana was available, but just showed bing listings until about 2 hours after when she decided to "get to know me"... patience seems to be key.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon