Everything was going well, when I noticed that facebook disappeared from the email+accounts, could it be related to the Store and it's outage?
    ven07 likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:01 PM
    04-14-2014 04:06 PM
    So Facebook integration appears to have been gimped, as stated I can no longer add Facebook through Email & Accounts and the result of this seems to be the following.

• I can no longer Facebook chat through the built in message app
    • When in the Me Hub if I click "Post an Update" I can no longer post to Facebook & Twitter, clicking Facebook just launches the Facebook app
    • I can no longer get Facebook notifications in the Me Hub

The notifications aren't a big thing but not being able to post to Twitter and Facebook at the same time directly from the hub & removing Facebook chat from the Message App seem like massive steps backwards IMO, I've always loved the way Facebook integrated into the phone.

So is it just me, am I missing something completely obvious or as the latest update remove these features?
    cleverclogs likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:41 PM
    not just you.... loved the integration before. It was even a marketing point that was used to show how much faster you could post to your social networks. Not sure what the reasoning was.
    bbennett40 likes this.
    04-14-2014 04:52 PM
    You need to install the FB app now to restore similar functionality (which can be done straight from the People hub. I say 'similar' because going into posts just drops you into the Facebook app. It's still integrated, just a little differently. Just turn off message notifications if you have the Messenger app installed or you will get double notifications.
    04-14-2014 04:58 PM
    Before, you could natively send Facebook messages through the People hub. That is no longer an option. I liked having the seamless integration of the messaging.
    04-14-2014 06:22 PM
    Hello, this may be off topic, but I'm trying to install Facebok on my Lumia 620 with Windows Phone 8.1, and it doesn't show on the store, when I bing search it, it shows that the app is not avaiable for my device, probably because of country or region, but I settled it to USA. Is there anyway that I can download it? Thx.
    04-14-2014 06:30 PM
    You need to install the FB app now to restore similar functionality (which can be done straight from the People hub. I say 'similar' because going into posts just drops you into the Facebook app. It's still integrated, just a little differently. Just turn off message notifications if you have the Messenger app installed or you will get double notifications.
    Not really what I would call integrated at all. It would take the same out of time to just fire up the Facebook app, actually probably less time. Also this doesn't give me the ability to post to multiple places at one time. Also it doesn't bring back the ability to Facebook chat from the Message App.
    04-14-2014 07:03 PM
    Hi guys. I'm just curious if you're getting facebook notifications thru the notification center? The facebook app told me I got 5 likes yet nothing was shown in the notification center which I think was odd. Correct me if it doesn't work that way though.
    04-14-2014 07:14 PM
    I still can update status through Me Title and notifications as well ...

wp_ss_20140414_0014.jpg

wp_ss_20140414_0015.jpg

I just made a test, and updated my status.
    04-14-2014 07:22 PM
    I believe the lack of Facebook integration is Microsoft's way to take a step back from any type of allegiance to any specific social platform. It might seem like a pain now, but in the long run it's the right move.
    04-14-2014 07:25 PM
    Agreed, unique feature to Windows Phone now sadly the integration is lost.

I am sure they have a reason but this is a step backwards.

As a side issue, I have feen using FB Beta which I thought would be the most up to date. When installing WP8.1 and in the config process it didnt recognise the Beta version and prompted me to download FB, which is now version 8XX so I will stick with this and delete the Beta.

Also, anyone else find it a bit laggy? I using a Nokia 930 and loading things like contacts, message, emails seems to take ages like its refreshing everytime I open.

Also, finding I cant voice text to some contacts and I think thats linked to the point above. When I open up contacts, wait a few moments for the contacts to appear I can then voice text them...
    04-15-2014 03:51 AM
    I doubt it, FB is integrated into Skype on a PC so I think we may see FB integrated into Skype on WP.
    04-15-2014 03:53 AM
    i am feeling so frustrated right now with that move of MS about FB thing =.=
    04-15-2014 10:27 AM