Hello everyone,

got WP8.1 today, must say I really like it sofar. Especially the new background option and action center, but:
    My battery life is now rather lower, compared to 8.0. Sure, i had to do a few reboots without recharging today (being not in the US and trying Cortana), nevertheless the drop was significant even when not using the phone. I noticed, that under "WLAN" my phone does not have the Option "turn Wifi of when screen times out" anymore (Lumia 820). Anyone else seen this? Could this be related to the missing Cyan update from Nokia or is this feature gone now?

thanks for your help!

Edit: in my hurry I put this in the wrong forum, this belongs in the developers preview, could someone move this? thanks
    04-14-2014 05:01 PM
    Saw that too. Another thing that I noticed is that you can't seem to be able to manage background tasks anymore. Both a bummer...
    04-14-2014 05:05 PM
    Hi, I ask the same question a few hours ago. ( thread: Wifi standby )but so far nobody have an answer on that.
    04-14-2014 05:06 PM
    Background tasks are managed under Battery Saver now.
    wizzackr likes this.
    Saw that too. Another thing that I noticed is that you can't seem to be able to manage background tasks anymore. Both a bummer...
    Go to battery saver and there are the setting for background tasks.
    Use battery sense to manage background task the settings have been moved there. Re wifi, I noticed that too. Also noticed that the icons in the system tray are not as bright as they once were. They seem greyer.
    04-14-2014 05:08 PM
    Thanks guys, found it!
    04-14-2014 05:27 PM
    I noticed that, too. There is another thread asking where this option went: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...g-missing.html

Apparently they dropped that option for no good reason... It's a shame they drop essential features like that!
    04-15-2014 03:00 AM