Updating HTC 8X TO GDR2

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
my htc 8x is running gdr1 i need to update my phone to gdr2 then gdr3 so i could get the wp8.1 dev. preview. can you tell me how can i do that ? my settings tell me that i am up to date but i am not. i have international htc 8x so i am not supported by tmobile which is my carrier. last update that i got was called portico

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
my htc 8x is running gdr1 i need to update my phone to gdr2 then gdr3 so i could get the wp8.1 dev. preview. can you tell me how can i do that ? my settings tell me that i am up to date but i am not. i have international htc 8x so i am not supported by tmobile which is my carrier. last update that i got was called portico

That is strange.. Usually if u tick the okay thing at the bottom of the dev preview u can download all updates, cuz either way that's how windows phone works. It builds upon previous software updates. So it'll install then first.

Tell us ur version?? Go to about phone settings tell us what software version (I.e. 8.0.blah) :)

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
this website says that gdr2 was skipped
Telstra joins Vodafone and skips GDR2 for HTC 8X; GDR3 due in November instead | Windows Phone Central
gdr3 was scheduled for november but i still didnt get an update

I think I finally understand ur concern. Ur telling me u need gdr 3 to download preview for developers? I doubt it cuz the app is so simple it's just a login... U literally open it and log in, u can't find it in the store or something? If so try changing regions maybe to US? I believe I had the app since gdr2, when they first released it. Sooo, I think itd work with gdr1 too, that's my guess. It's just a very simple app after all. It lets u bypass the carriers and download gdr2, 3 AND wp8.1 :)

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I think I finally understand ur concern. Ur telling me u need gdr 3 to download preview for developers? I doubt it cuz the app is so simple it's just a login... U literally open it and log in, u can't find it in the store or something? If so try changing regions maybe to US? I believe I had the app since gdr2, when they first released it. Sooo, I think itd work with gdr1 too, that's my guess. It's just a very simple app after all. It lets u bypass the carriers and download gdr2, 3 AND wp8.1 :)

I wish it was like that but it tells me to update my phone and only option is given is done which exists the app. If you go to the app store and in the description of the preview for developers app it tell you that ur OS has to be higher than 8.0.10.322.71 which mine is not and my phone says there are no updates

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish it was like that but it tells me to update my phone and only option is given is done which exists the app. If you go to the app store and in the description of the preview for developers app it tell you that ur OS has to be higher than 8.0.10.322.71 which mine is not and my phone says there are no updates

:/ holy, that really sucks. Maybe read others with your carrier what they are doing our their work around? Cuz I feel so bad! This is an awesome update and I hope you get it asap! Sorry I wasn't much help :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon