Glance setting / Misc settings gone after 8.1 update and full reset??

anon(5349548)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
long time lurker first time poster on the forums...had my att 1520 for 2 weeks now awesome i have to say coming from 7 years with android i can say im loving it..
i did notice before the update i had the glance setting and other settings like were the equalizer and display settings were..now theyre gone after the update..

just wondered if that is more to do with nokias firmware stuff or the update itself??

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it's because Nokia's Windows Phone 8.1 update hasn't released yet, I imagine by the time the official WP8.1 comes out Nokia would have the Cyan update alongside it and that would enable Glance and the like.

anon(5349548)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
They are still there in the settings menu. (I have a 1520 running 8.1 DP) In some cases they have been moved around slightly though.
​are you sure? cuz ive check every setting..and nothing is there that let you control glance or the eq and color calibration settings...
1520 installed with 8.1 and did a factory reset to start fresh.

unless im totally clueless and cant find it..ive only been around windows phone for 2 weeks now.

anon(5349548)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm an *****..i got all the Nokia Lumia specific settings back by downloading the Lumia system updater. I couldn't get any of the updates to show up by just doing a general search in the store but it shows up in that app..

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
​are you sure? cuz ive check every setting..and nothing is there that let you control glance or the eq and color calibration settings...
1520 installed with 8.1 and did a factory reset to start fresh.

unless im totally clueless and cant find it..ive only been around windows phone for 2 weeks now.

Yeah, all my setting are still there as far as glance control, eq, and color calibration... and its in the same place in setting.

elvandar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find the background apps settings anymore. I think I found everything else, though. Correct me if I'm wrong and anyone else has found background apps?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Agreed, much less info on what you are actually doing. Seems this update was more for new android and ios users than for current WP users.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm an *****..i got all the Nokia Lumia specific settings back by downloading the Lumia system updater. I couldn't get any of the updates to show up by just doing a general search in the store but it shows up in that app..

You don't need that app anymore. In WP8.1, just go to store > settings > check for updates. You will get notified for all apps on your phone that need an update.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You need to reinstall the latest glance app. I've noticed after doing a hard reset some of the Nokia exclusive settings don't automatically reinstall.

Might be true. In my case I did a hard-reset (aka factory reset) and when my 1520 asked if I wanted to restore my installed apps, etc... I let it do it. So in my case some of this might be from a Nokia App being put back.

Regardless, for me personally, glance is still in my settings menu, right between the "call+SMS filter" and "touch" options. Glance Background has always been an app and that would need to be reinstalled to get a background option.

Tapping the down arrow after hitting the volume control will get you the dual-volume settings and a quick way to turn vibrate on/off.

Equalizer options are under the "audio" in the settings menu (between "accessories" and "extras+info" for me). and notifications sounds for specific apps are now under the "notifications+actions" in the settings menu.

And if anyone else thinks these are scattered about in an almost haphazard way I could be tempted to agree... It almost feels like the return of Control Panel in Windows Desktop.... :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo