Podcast App... Lacking?

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I was test driving the new built-in podcast application that comes with Windows Phone 8.1. Much to my surprise many podcasts I usually listen to show up in the search but are tagged with "We can't open this result." Is the catalog of podcasts that are available to the MS app that limited or is something else wrong with the search function for podcasts?

Seems odd that so many can't be opened by the podcast app. More to the point, if the thing can't open it why does it even display it?!

Matt Parker1

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Pretty frustrating...hoping it's just a simple bug that'll be fixed soon. Variable speed playback was one of my most anticipated features, guess I'll have to just wait a bit longer to fully use it.

henkew

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have used Podcasts to listen to audiobooks with every other version of WP. It takes some trickery, but it works great. Not so with the Podcast app now though. I can't get it to play files oldest first no matter how I change the settings on the phone or when the podcast is downloaded.

ptf237

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the can't open this podcast issue makes this app useless for me. If it can't get Revolutions by Mike Duncan I can't use it. Hope they fix it because it looks nice.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Try copying this link (found at the Startalkradio.net page - it's the orange RSS icon in the top right). Paste it in the "get podcasts" field of the Podcasts app, and hit enter.

StarTalk Radio

stlbud

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with video casts in the new 8.1 Podcast app and the old Podcasts! Pro app. The video plays well until about half way through it starts pausing every few seconds. I don't see anything that seems to indicate it is rebuffering.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

jimpict

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the "we can't open this result" message. Nothing works. Typing in the xml feed doesn't work. I've tried everything I could think of, and it's all a bust. Seriously, this has ruined my podcasts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon