07-15-2014 05:57 AM
53 123
tools
    Actually HERE maps and Bing maps are the same...
    Try downloading new maps in HERE maps or HERE drive+....

Also try downloading from local inbuilt client "maps"....
    You can see that you are directed to same settings page and also you should be able to see same set of "installed maps"

And a tip: Use the lumia storage check app to change the location where maps are stored to SD card, that should be of some help.
    This not true

If you type in this address you will see TWO different locations

7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA

Bing Maps has the incorrect address
    HERE maps has the accurate address. I performed this test on WP 8.1 using the 2 separate apps. I have downloaded the state map (ohio)

ALSO:
    If you use the web-browser you will see the exact same IN-ACCURACY.

here are the links for verification

HERE: 7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA
    HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes

BING: 7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA
    Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
    Byrese likes this.
    04-17-2014 08:17 AM
    i want to get rid of MS MAPS.
    My App list is so much longer now, i hate it. Extra Video, Music (plus nokia music!), Gameshub, every single Game in the list...what the hell!?!?!?!?!? I hope they change it in the final version. And i hope the preview IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION
    04-17-2014 08:21 AM
    i want to get rid of MS MAPS.
    My App list is so much longer now, i hate it. Extra Video, Music (plus nokia music!), Gameshub, every single Game in the list...what the hell!?!?!?!?!? I hope they change it in the final version. And i hope the preview IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION
    That's a bloody non-issue
    04-17-2014 09:18 AM
    I like the new Bing/Microsoft maps better in terms of design and function. Today however Bing maps combined with copilot lead me directly into an ally. When I tried Here maps and Drive it got me to my destination just fine. Still I'll probably keep giving the default Bing a change but copilot is gone.
    05-20-2014 10:10 PM
    I deleted Here Maps from my phone after the 8.1 update. I really only kept Here Maps because of the indoor navigation in malls and other places. Bing maps in 8.1 was updated to include indoor navigation so I have no need for Here Maps anymore. The Here Maps UI was also a bit terrible.

Bing maps along with Waze (even though I hate that they were bought by Elgoog) makes my mapping and navigation complete. I still have Drive+ on my phone for longer road trips when I need to download maps to the phone but for around town navigation with traffic support, Waze takes the cake.
    05-21-2014 08:49 AM
    Does the new Maps on 8.1 have favorites and/or link to your Bing account? My #1 gripe with Maps on my WP8 is the lack of favorites. HERE has decent collection support which is why I use it. But I'd much rather be able to favorite stuff on Maps and also to do so while logged into my Bing account.
    05-21-2014 08:55 AM
    Yeah I before they have that feature now.

Question: Died Waze now have voice navigation?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 11:30 AM
    Yeah I before they have that feature now.

Question: Died Waze now have voice navigation?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    Waze has always had voice navigation. Cortana even launches it as my standard nav app.
    05-24-2014 06:03 AM
    Waze has always had voice navigation. Cortana even launches it as my standard nav app.
    One thing I notice though is that unlike Here Drive it doesn't speak through my Bluetooth.
    05-25-2014 11:15 PM
    I Love maps. soon ill be uninstalling the Compass Deluxe.
    05-26-2014 12:02 AM
    This not true

It's true, Bing Maps is not as reliable it seems. This puts me in a bind as I "like" Bing Maps better but it seems that Here is just far more advanced in mapping technology.

7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA

Bing Maps has the incorrect address
    HERE maps has the accurate address. I performed this test on WP 8.1 using the 2 separate apps. I have downloaded the state map (ohio)

ALSO:
    If you use the web-browser you will see the exact same IN-ACCURACY.

here are the links for verification

HERE: 7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA
    HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes

BING: 7595 Walton Rd Walton Hills, OH 44146 USA
    Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
    05-26-2014 01:40 AM
    I am using the maps that come with WP 8.1 I don't even have Here maps installed. The native maps integrate really well with Cortana and the rest of the OS. For navigation, the stock maps app can launch Here drive, which suits me fine.

I have manually migrated most of the favourites to the stock Maps app
    05-26-2014 06:54 AM
    Stock WP8.1 Maps with HERE Drive+ works for me.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-26-2014 08:43 AM
    Do any of you do offline gps functions with your phones like routing, tracking, waypoints etc and have applications to recommend?
    05-26-2014 09:00 AM
    Do any of you do offline gps functions with your phones like routing, tracking, waypoints etc and have applications to recommend?
    I can use HERE Drive+ without any connection. Lumia 520.
    05-26-2014 02:23 PM
    I find MAPS (built in 8.1) is always more accurate than HERE Maps for Canadian addresses, so i stick with MS Maps App
    05-26-2014 02:37 PM
    One thing I notice though is that unlike Here Drive it doesn't speak through my Bluetooth.
    I noticed this problem too. Never had a problem with WP8.0 but after updating to WP8.1, Waze has issues with Bluetooth connectivity.

I've noticed that if I already had Waze running and then connect to my Bluetooth radio, Waze will still speak directions though the phone's speaker. If you shut down Waze and restart it, it will connect through Bluetooth. So, I have to connect to my Bluetooth before starting Waze.
    05-26-2014 03:11 PM
    I have a BIG problem with BOTH Nokia HERE AND Bing maps...... Neither one can display my correct address at home OR at work. So what good are they, and how can I depend on either of these to find an exact location?
    And here's the real kicker; google maps on my girlfriend's iPhone shows the correct address. Grrrr

Here's my thread on the issue (with screenshots!)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ng-result.html
    05-26-2014 03:25 PM
    I have a BIG problem with BOTH Nokia HERE AND Bing maps...... Neither one can display my correct address at home OR at work. So what good are they, and how can I depend on either of these to find an exact location?
    And here's the real kicker; google maps on my girlfriend's iPhone shows the correct address. Grrrr

Here's my thread on the issue (with screenshots!)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ng-result.html
    There is a way around this....posted in your thread.
    05-27-2014 09:26 AM
    I noticed this problem too. Never had a problem with WP8.0 but after updating to WP8.1, Waze has issues with Bluetooth connectivity.

I've noticed that if I already had Waze running and then connect to my Bluetooth radio, Waze will still speak directions though the phone's speaker. If you shut down Waze and restart it, it will connect through Bluetooth. So, I have to connect to my Bluetooth before starting Waze.
    I find waze to be a serious battery killer. Way more than Here. So I deleted it.
    06-01-2014 02:15 AM
    I find waze to be a serious battery killer. Way more than Here. So I deleted it.
    It was but last update fixed it for me. I still prefer Navigon. MapQuest is pretty good too.
    06-01-2014 03:13 AM
    It was but last update fixed it for me. I still prefer Navigon. MapQuest is pretty good too.

MapQuest? I haven't heard about them in a decade.
    06-01-2014 10:58 AM
    so Maps for WP 8.1 is Bing Maps right?
    06-01-2014 11:38 AM
    so Maps for WP 8.1 is Bing Maps right?
    You can pick Bing or Here Mapping in the settings.
    06-01-2014 11:40 AM
    Bing Maps doesn't display underground stations (here in Vienna), so HERE Maps it is.
    06-01-2014 12:16 PM
53 123