WP8.1 Maps vs HERE Maps

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I find MAPS (built in 8.1) is always more accurate than HERE Maps for Canadian addresses, so i stick with MS Maps App

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
One thing I notice though is that unlike Here Drive it doesn't speak through my Bluetooth.

I noticed this problem too. Never had a problem with WP8.0 but after updating to WP8.1, Waze has issues with Bluetooth connectivity.

I've noticed that if I already had Waze running and then connect to my Bluetooth radio, Waze will still speak directions though the phone's speaker. If you shut down Waze and restart it, it will connect through Bluetooth. So, I have to connect to my Bluetooth before starting Waze.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a BIG problem with BOTH Nokia HERE AND Bing maps...... Neither one can display my correct address at home OR at work. So what good are they, and how can I depend on either of these to find an exact location?
And here's the real kicker; google maps on my girlfriend's iPhone shows the correct address. Grrrr

Here's my thread on the issue (with screenshots!)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...kia-here-maps-cortanas-geofencing-result.html

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a BIG problem with BOTH Nokia HERE AND Bing maps...... Neither one can display my correct address at home OR at work. So what good are they, and how can I depend on either of these to find an exact location?
And here's the real kicker; google maps on my girlfriend's iPhone shows the correct address. Grrrr

Here's my thread on the issue (with screenshots!)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...kia-here-maps-cortanas-geofencing-result.html

There is a way around this....posted in your thread.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this problem too. Never had a problem with WP8.0 but after updating to WP8.1, Waze has issues with Bluetooth connectivity.

I've noticed that if I already had Waze running and then connect to my Bluetooth radio, Waze will still speak directions though the phone's speaker. If you shut down Waze and restart it, it will connect through Bluetooth. So, I have to connect to my Bluetooth before starting Waze.

I find waze to be a serious battery killer. Way more than Here. So I deleted it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99