Cant sign in to MS Account in Dev Preview

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I cannot sign into my Microsoft account on my phone...

So I cannot get updates to the Apps in the store...I am traveling and really need the HERE drive App and it will not run w/o the update...

I have done several soft resets, I have removed the APP Password for 2 factor authentication and created and entered a new one... not sure what else to try...

And suggestions...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I needed a new app password for my account after updating my 520 today...
In the browser for Bing Rewards it needed the regular password, and 2 factor code...
Google just kicked it to the website, granted permissions from there, and kicked it back.
FB needed a text message login code.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Where is SMS sync...I don't see that...

Then you probably didn't enable it. It is in Settings->Applications->messaging... And the text message backup toggle is there.

The only reason I even suggested it was because my Microsoft account was failing to sync today and I found an official Microsoft article that suggested to turn that off, I did and then it worked. (I don't know if that means I can't back up my sms ever).

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
OK...I gave up and did a hard reset... it seems to have worked...

I am signed in to both the phone, Xbox Live and Xbox Music...

My phone is currently redownloading everything...

No fun, but at least is seems to have worked...

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's good. I was curious, as I've updated to 8.1 on three devices and I was able to use my normal password and authenticator. Actually, on the first device I believe it may recognized that the number of the phone being updated was the trusted number on my account in lieu of using the authenticator, which was most likely inaccessible at the time.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
That's good. I was curious, as I've updated to 8.1 on three devices and I was able to use my normal password and authenticator. Actually, on the first device I believe it may recognized that the number of the phone being updated was the trusted number on my account in lieu of using the authenticator, which was most likely inaccessible at the time.

Hmmm, good point...I updated my test phone so I had my Authenticator app available to me.

I've been considering for some time going back and wiping my 2-factor setup and redoing the app but with a backup device simultaneously.

I also have the emergency codes for both MS and Google printed off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro