I followed the directions on the WP Central article and all went smooth till I got to the step to Unlock my phone. It says to "Open All Apps on your desktop" so my question is, How do I do that on a Windows 7 computer? I don't have apps just programs. Do you have to have a Windows 8 computer for this step? How does one do this using Windows 7? The update is not being found and I have tried at least 10 times over 2 days so I suspect because my phone is not unlocked.

Thanks for any help.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    I solved my problem and have installed the Windows Phone 8.1. The problem was (i think) that I had changed my login password at Microsoft but didn't change it on my phone. This morning after I changed the password on my phone I went through the process again and immediately had a software update and after that one I had the Win Phone 8.1 update the although it took a lot longer install to install, I had no problems. I am now running Windows Phone 8.1 and it works great.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by jtpcamp; 04-15-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    04-14-2014 08:12 PM
    If you register here: Windows Phone App Studio - Microsoft

All you have to do next is download the dev preview app Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and log in to it with the same account that you registered in the appstudio website.
    04-14-2014 08:34 PM