Has there been any bad update problems?

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there has been any bricking problems? I would like to try the 8.1 preview on ATT but I cant
risk messing up my phone. Also does the here maps work with this? I use that a lot.

Thanks

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I cannot get signed in to my Microsoft account...
So I cannot update maps...
And Maps will not work without the update...
I am trying to figure out why I can't get signed in...

Vamshi Meduri

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there has been any bricking problems? I would like to try the 8.1 preview on ATT but I cant
risk messing up my phone. Also does the here maps work with this? I use that a lot.

Thanks

Yes.
My phone is not working and it is restarting continuously and tried everything but no use..

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Try a reboot BuckeyeCelt. And I suggest you actually wait till tomorrow, this update has been extremely slow for me, first there is a pre update for windows WP 8.1( I suggest you download that tonight) and you have to download WP 8.1. I doubt it will brick but it will take a little while, maybe tomorrow it will be faster because of less people.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and installed the 8.1 Preview on my 920. The first update to prepare for 8.1 and the actual 8.1 update both installed without any glitches. The updates did not take long,and I did not do any hard resets. Yes, my Here Maps work. I just got an update for Here Maps that was less than 1 MB.

http://

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Try a reboot BuckeyeCelt. And I suggest you actually wait till tomorrow, this update has been extremely slow for me, first there is a pre update for windows WP 8.1( I suggest you download that tonight) and you have to download WP 8.1. I doubt it will brick but it will take a little while, maybe tomorrow it will be faster because of less people.

I actually have rebooted about 8 times... lol. Trying anything I can think of...

Any other suggestions?

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
hmm really weird, I have 0 problem updating it, I jumped the gun this morning. It worked right away! still testing, doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it so far

scadidas

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Friend's Lumia 928 ran the first update fine, but that was the only update he received. Now he checks phone update in settings and it says it is up to date? And it is not 8.1??? Any help?

shadowbaneNZSP

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
All Huawei windowsphone devices includes W1 and w2 all failed!
not only in china,but all over the world,you know there are many W1/2 users in the world.
Although updating failed, they still can use well.

and some of the HTC 8s/x failed aslo,Telecom model;some became bricks!

shadowbaneNZSP

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Friend's Lumia 928 ran the first update fine, but that was the only update he received. Now he checks phone update in settings and it says it is up to date? And it is not 8.1??? Any help?

continue to update man, there will be 3 updates for some lazy man until you find 8.1 at last!

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

OK...I gave up and did a hard reset... it seems to have worked...

I am signed in to both the phone, Xbox Live and Xbox Music...

My phone is currently redownloading everything...

No fun, but at least is seems to have worked...

ogwp

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update didn't go well for my AT&T 920. It's stuck in an endless reboot cycle. Bluescreen, reboot, Nokia logo, and over again. Reboots only occur when plugged in. When not plugged in, just goes to bluescreen and then powers off. Thus, can't easily run battery down. Hard reset hasn't done anything for me. Nokia Firmware Updater errors out when trying to reset.

Seems like most people are having success with the preview, but not all of us!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa