Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

So I updated to 8.1 on my Nokia Lumia Icon at around 12 MST and after it was all installed and the phone reset, my phone began to get hot really quickly while idling and the battery drained from 60% to 18% within two hours. I've set all syncing to "manual", turned off 4g, bluetooth, etc. to no avail. When into Usage and blocked all background programs and I also held the back button and killed all of the apps running. After that I tried deleting my accounts (in case one was stuck syncing) and deleted all third party apps with the hope that one was having some sort of issue with the new OS but after 7 hours of hoping that the phone would snap out of it, nothing changes. I can't go through the day with a blazing hot phone and 3 hours of battery life, can anyone help? :(
    Last edited by Trevin Colburn; 04-14-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    04-14-2014 08:20 PM
    So I updated to 8.1 on my Nokia Lumia Icon at around 12 MST and after it was all installed and the phone reset, my phone began to get hot really quickly while idling and the battery drained from 60% to 18% within two hours. I've set all syncing to "manual", turned off 4g, bluetooth, etc. to no avail. When into Usage and blocked all background programs and I also held the back button and killed all of the apps running. After that I tried deleting my accounts (in case one was stuck syncing) and deleted all third party apps with the hope that one was having some sort of issue with the new OS but after 7 hours of hoping that the phone would snap out of it, nothing changes. I can't go through the day with a blazing hot phone and 3 hours of battery life, can anyone help? :(
    Have you done a soft/hard reset? Soft reset is volume down + power until the phone vibrates, whereas a hard reset wipes your devices back to default
    04-15-2014 12:39 AM
    turning off location did it for me but then you loose cortana
    RyanAMG likes this.
    04-15-2014 01:29 AM
    My Icon gets so hot its uncomfortable to keep in my pocket. Verizon won't exchange it as I have put 8.1 on it. I've done hard resets and even tried not restoring from backup but still the same problem. I can't even use wireless charging as it gets so hot it stops charging. I'm going to try what Oussi said and try turning off location. I'll post if that fixes it.
    06-06-2014 06:48 PM
    Did Verizon actually say that they won't take it back with 8.1 on it? Either way, just revert to 8.0 using Nokia Software Recovery tool and you'll be good to go.
    06-06-2014 06:54 PM
    FWIW, both my Icon and my 521 had terrible battery life the first few days after I installed 8.1. I had the same issues the OP mentions. It went away and now I get about 13-18 hours of normal use on my Icon. I think 8.1 does a lot of behind the scenes stuff in the beginning.
    06-06-2014 06:57 PM