Improve battery life

joseiloaizach

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I think I damaged my phone (Huawei W1) battery by letting it discharge to off about 3 times.

Some told me it's because the battery is not calibrated, but others also told me that it is not necessary to calibrate the battery on Windows Phone.

If I charge the battery normally (from 10% to 100%), the battery life will improve or no longer has a solution?.

I hope you can help me, sorry for my english.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I think I damaged my phone (Huawei W1) battery by letting it discharge to off about 3 times.

Some told me it's because the battery is not calibrated, but others also told me that it is not necessary to calibrate the battery on Windows Phone.

If I charge the battery normally (from 10% to 100%), the battery life will improve or no longer has a solution?.

Firstly, you do not need to calibrate the battery - not just on Windows Phone, but on any modern smart phone with a Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer battery.

Secondly, charging the battery from empty to full on a phone with a Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer battery does not improve battery life. Lithium-Ion and Lithium-Polymer batteries do not need nor benefit from 'conditioning'. They are at their maximum charge performance right from the first charge.

And lastly, to your main point, allowing the battery to drain until the unit automatically shuts off is not recommended for phones with a Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer battery. These type of batteries do not like being at a low charge level. With Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer batteries it is best to charge them more often and not to let them drain to 'empty'. Having said that, the charging circuitry on most phones will prevent the battery discharging enough to cause damage. So simply allowing the phone to discharge until it shuts off and then recharging it a few time should not damage the battery to the extent that it's noticeable. So if that's all you have done, then I suspect you may have had a faulty battery in the first place. This should be fixed under warranty.

If you have kept trying to force the phone to restart multiple times once it has shutdown, then I guess this could cause battery damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)