"We can't display this page right now"

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem , hard and soft resset did not help
do you have enabled sync my settings across devices? does your PC runs win8 or 8.1? Is your primary browser IE11?
Hope we wil lget a solution, because use Nokia Xpress or UCbrowser all day isn't the best solution we have...
do you have enabled sync my settings across devices? does your PC runs win8 or 8.1? Is your primary browser IE11?

lets figure it out, guys.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just to add to this, I have also tried disabling data sense compression and this has not sovled the issue. I am trying to create a VPN on my PC at the moment and I am going to see if tunnelling all my data through that has any effect. Hopefully this will let us see it has something to do with the way the mobile carriers are treating the information from IE11? that's all I can think of trying at the moment.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
hm, ive been reading this article when ive noticed that ie (on picuture in article) in battery saver has "alowed" status... when i open IE on my phone i dont have option to allow or not to allow ie background task.. :/Battery_Saver_Screens.png

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 63150
well, everything... but i guess it doesnt matter

ohhh that's not good! I have read a few other threads where people have missing settings but I have not read through them to find a solution. Although, if you have already hard reset your phone then I don't really see what can be done.

Do you know if the new OS can be flashed using Nokia Care suite? maybe if the copy stored on our phones is slightly broke and if we flash a new copy it may fix the issues? I've never used Nokia Care suite before so I don't know if this would work, im just throwing ideas out haha.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
ive hard reseted it twice! but... its is possible to flash another rom but i dont Know if there is a wp8.1 rom for l1520. there is an upgrade but ROM... hm.

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So I've just installed the Nokia software recovery tool and I've connected my phone. It says it can install OS version "3051.400000.1347.1006". Obviously, this isn't the Microsoft OS number. It is the same as the firmware revision number listed on my phone (I presume this is Lumia black firmware?), because of this I am a little wary about trying this. I will try and find if anyone has used the recovery tool for any other issue and what result it had. Don't want to brick my phone

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
someone on the MSDN thread that I linked has noticed that HTTPS sites load. I have tried this and I was able to load https://ww.wikipedia.org on my mobile connection whereas standard Wikipedia does not work. Maybe I was on to something with the VPN thing I was going to try haha. This is very strange, I can't think of any reason now other than how the networks are handling the data. One suggestion that briefly came into my head was that the carriers recognise IE11 as "a PC" and think we are tethering, however this would not be an issue for me as tethering is allowed on my plan. sorry for the long post, im just typing everything that comes into my head haha

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
iam gonna try with different SIM and operator... if i could find anyone with nano sim. i live in a pretty small town so this could be an issue

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am positive its not a network issue. I've had a long chat with my network provider and we are sure everything is fine. I have tried tethering my phone to my tablet and all sites work (im writing this from the tethered connection) again making me think its not a network issue. Hopefully somebody from Microsoft see's the thread on MSDN and gives an answer!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
DNS servers are polled by the device you are browsing with usually, so such an issue would not show in a tethering situation. I'm thinking some incompatibility exists between WP DNS requests/response interpretation and the way some DNS servers operate.

ah1984

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on Lumia 820. I get the following message:

"Error: Cannot find server DNS error".

All other apps such as WhatsApp, FB etc work fine on cell data, just not IE. It only works when connected to Wifi. Really odd as this doesn't sound like a common issue as there would be much more noise than there is.

Updated to 8.1 but am by no means a developer. On talktalk (provided by Vodafone) in the UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss