"We can't display this page right now"

spamouflage

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,
Since the upgrade to 8.1, I can't browse the Internet using the bundled browser IE (11?). Every other data-dependant task runs fine, including Cortana. I keep getting the "We can't display this page right now" screen with the error: Cannot find server or DNS error.

Anybody else experiencing this issue? Everything else is flawless since upgrading. Thanks in advance,

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Apps can access cellular data fine but ie11 displays a DNS or server error. I have tried multiple HARD resets which has not solved the issue. If any one finds a solution to this please share it thanks

spamouflage

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That did not solve it for me either. Please help. I downloaded UC Browser and that works fine. But I don't think I can make UC as my default browser.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
question to all who have issues with DNS: do you have enabled sync my settings across devices? does your PC runs win8 or 8.1? Is your primary browser IE11?

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
question to all who have issues with DNS: do you have enabled sync my settings across devices? does your PC runs win8 or 8.1? Is your primary browser IE11?

Windows 8.1, sync my settings are on and my primary browser (on both my PC and Tablet) is internet explorer 11. I tried turning IE sync my settings off, rebooted the phone but I still receive the same error.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Iam at work so i cant do this myself but can you restore to defaults your ie11 on pc, just settings? Then try reseting your phone and see if that worked. Thx in advance, dude...

Sent from my RM-937_eu_hungary_1002 using Tapatalk

alvarezjpr

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with IE11 as well. websites like msn.com, espn.com and even wpcentral.com are having some issues on IE11. In msn.com the news tiles scroll left and right just fine, but if I click on any of them nothing happens and it doesn't take me to the news article. Oddly enough, the blue tiles (skype, twitter, weather, etc.) work just fine. In espn.com, when I click on a video, the video does not plays but the sounds does. In wpcentral.com my issues start when I enter the forums (weird, maybe it is a sign :sweaty: ). When I go into the forums, it takes a while to load and often closes the tab and opens a new blank tab or the browser just crashes. So there are my first world issues so far with wp8.1

edit: Now msn.com is working fine. Still having the the video problem with espn.com and the crashes with the wpcentral.com forums.

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing these DNS issues, so it might be handy for those with this problem list their mobile ISP. I can confirm that I'm not seeing a problem with Orange UK (EE network).

engineermoore

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have checked all my settings with my mobile network (Tesco mobile UK). I don't think its a network issue though as many people from various countries and a number of different mobile networks seem to be having the same problem on the MSDN forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05