Windows 8.1 and whatsapp

agmanuel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I think so i fixed this problem. i had same problem and its because of data sense. change limit type to unlimited or none specifed and after you will start to get your all notifications again....

Thank you so much that finally fix the problem!

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
something new since 8.1 update....

i use whatsapp to recieve audio chats, and usually start one playing and leave it going, even when screen goes off, it carries on, so i can listen to it, now whenever the screen goes off (circa 30 seconds) the audio cuts out - and i have it set to be allowed in the background, hope this is something the next whatsapp update will address, as something obviously has changed in terms of the audio subsystem or similar

so for time being have to go to settings and leave standby set to never!

:(

muxl

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
since i'm using WP8.1, I realised, that if I open a chat in whatsapp, my speaker in the phone (Lumia620) is making a noice like you have no signal in a FM radio station.
it's hearable until I close whatsapp.
the next time I open whatsapp, the sound appears again.
Any idea?

multiloop

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Notification problem disappears when on WiFi. I am using 925.
Neither WhatsApp nor WeChat notifications show when on mobile internet.

Tried restarting the phone - all the missed notifications appear in one go on restarting but then stop coming again.
No option now but to manually check.

agmanuel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Notification problem disappears when on WiFi. I am using 925.
Neither WhatsApp nor WeChat notifications show when on mobile internet.

Tried restarting the phone - all the missed notifications appear in one go on restarting but then stop coming again.
No option now but to manually check.

Read up and you will see the solution. Just turn off data sense and it'll work

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried setting my Data Sense to unspecified and unlimited, allowing app in background (even during battery saver), and turned on notification center, still no notification came in when I received message (my friends are also going crazy with me requesting them sending me messages to test every 5 min...lol). Do I need to restart/soft-reset after changing these options?

agmanuel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried setting my Data Sense to unspecified and unlimited, allowing app in background (even during battery saver), and turned on notification center, still no notification came in when I received message (my friends are also going crazy with me requesting them sending me messages to test every 5 min...lol). Do I need to restart/soft-reset after changing these options?

Someone says that disabling wifi sense also works

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Someone says that disabling wifi sense also works

Still not working =(. This is weird because I did have it working when I first got 8.1, then sometimes after that, which I think is after I updated the Network+ that Nokia pushed out that it broke....or maybe the game app update.....the only two things that I changed after the initial transition to 8.1...

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
since i'm using WP8.1, I realised, that if I open a chat in whatsapp, my speaker in the phone (Lumia620) is making a noice like you have no signal in a FM radio station.
it's hearable until I close whatsapp.
the next time I open whatsapp, the sound appears again.
Any idea?

Yea when you're in a WhatsApp chat you can hear noise. Experiencing the same.

gomes920

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm having problems with 6tag. None of the notifications appear anymore. The only thing working is the Live Tile. It won't pop up if someone should like my posts. Before updating everything was fine.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
also I realised, that if you change volume when you're inside a whatsapp chat, it's shown as "in call" instead of "media & apps"...
Well that's not how it works with WhatsApp on Windows phone 8.1, don't know about 8.0 since I've never tested this scenario before i upgraded

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2