My personal take 8.1 (Not for the fanboys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
But that apps (Music and Pictures) will be updated later, not the final version. Even the Music app is the same beta from Windows Phone 8 Xbox Music App.

Its Microsoft's track record on Xbox music that has so many people pissed and the fact that they haven't been listening to the end users. If it keeps the trend the next update will be a joke, I hope not but will see

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Its Microsoft's track record on Xbox music that has so many people pissed and the fact that they haven't been listening to the end users. If it keeps the trend the next update will be a joke, I hope not but will see

I know it, but Joe Belfiore said that the apps will be updated soon, Music, Facebook and more.

I don't know if the apps will be "perfect", but it will not remain the same that today.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I never fully understood the hate Xbox music got. Perhaps because my needs are simple. Play my music and that's that.
The only thing that bugged me was the inability to scrub through a song and the fact that we can't make playlists in the app. Thankful now that we can do playlists and it even syncs the ones from my surface.

My biggest complaint now is that my iTunes music is not working with the new Xbox music even though it worked with windows phone 8

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Cortana 😞 over hype underperforming. (I have done a hard reset and checked all settings many a time yet she still cant call me by name, interact, tell me my location, where I work, witty yes she will respond with her response we have all heard. She's good at searching tho.

Cortana is in beta stage.

Sobralobo

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried in monday the whole day, tricking during a moment to get it (non US here) and she could interact for some things, set alarms, reminders, searches and tell me my location as searching for things and then she could give me the directions. And it is still in beta as Xpider_MX said. :)

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I never fully understood the hate Xbox music got. Perhaps because my needs are simple. Play my music and that's that.
The only thing that bugged me was the inability to scrub through a song and the fact that we can't make playlists in the app. Thankful now that we can do playlists and it even syncs the ones from my surface.

My biggest complaint now is that my iTunes music is not working with the new Xbox music even though it worked with windows phone 8

Again looks like pile of 💩 no matter how long I let it sit a load my music it lags and stuttering every time I scroll. No more live tile, hell none of the Xbox apps have live tiles anymore. Again we will see what the update brings.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried in monday the whole day, tricking during a moment to get it (non US here) and she could interact for some things, set alarms, reminders, searches and tell me my location as searching for things and then she could give me the directions. And it is still in beta as Xpider_MX said. :)

She can set reminders, read me the weather but that's about it.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This thread title is ridiculous, even Apple fanboys are praising this update & the features you call underperforming. If they aren't working for you, or you have suggestions,forward the information to Microsoft like you're intended to do while testing a pre release version.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Again looks like pile of 💩 no matter how long I let it sit a load my music it lags and stuttering every time I scroll. No more live tile, hell none of the Xbox apps have live tiles anymore. Again we will see what the update brings.
No i get why people hate it now.
I nnever understood the disdain it originally got.

I do miss zune(I would love to know why they gave up on it...a simple color change and a name change while leaving it intact as Zune would have been perfect.)

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This thread title is ridiculous, even Apple fanboys are praising this update & the features you call underperforming. If they aren't working for you, or you have suggestions,forward the information to Microsoft like you're intended to do while testing a pre release version.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm a beta tester for MS. Like I said FAN BOY its my opinion on 8.1 good points and bad, what I like what I dont like. Guess you didn't read what I liked and thanked MS for giving us.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is nice, but still leaves something to be desired. She already matches Siri and Google Now, but still needs to go further.

Just today, it was a very nice temperature outside, so u decided to open some windows, especially since my parents loathe the idea of air conditioning even in the hottest summer.

But it also threatened to reason, as evidenced by Cortana's forecast and, frankly, the sky. Well open Windows won't suffice in rain, because once the wind picks up: It blows inside the house.

I found this to be a great time to try Cortana's wit and capabilities. So I uttered the following command, "If it rains, reminds me to close the window."

Alas, while she understood the words perfectly, she merely gave me a big search. I phrased it multiple ways, but no cigar.

She can easily understand the query, and she has weather data at her disposal. It's be nice if she could put two and two together, so I don't have to worry about a mess blowing in.

This also applies for the summer.i work as a life guard, and we need to take chemical readings every hour. Needless to say, it can sometimes slip your mind. So how cool would it be to command, "Remind me to take the readings every hour until I leave work."

I tried it many different ways (substituting "home" for "work"), but Cortana just can't do advanced functions like that just yet.

Cortana is awesome, and really well done for a beta. But she has a long way to go before she can truly replicate what a real assistant can do.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
No i get why people hate it now.
I nnever understood the disdain it originally got.

I do miss zune(I would love to know why they gave up on it...a simple color change and a name change while leaving it intact as Zune would have been perfect.)

Oh lol sorry. Yes exactly a name change and polish it up and it would have been fine.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, so already your topic title warrants that you don't respect those that are different from yours. The word that's frequently used to describe a "******" is defensive, and you are the definition of that in this very topic. Simmer, down.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, so already your topic title warrants that you don't respect those that are different from yours. The word that's frequently used to describe a "******" is defensive, and you are the definition of that in this very topic. Simmer, down.

Hahahahaha only picking out the bad points I made and getting all worked up over those bad points as if I'm picking on MS = fan boy and should show why the title is what it is. Getting all worked up because I dont like some things, only seeing my bad points and not the praise I gave MS for the good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12