To update or not to update?

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay can anybody tell me here what are the drawbacks of changing "Phone Language" and "Country/Region".
Anything else that needs to be changed?
I feel like updating to 8.1 but just not yet..and just cant wait till 2015 to get Cortana. So if there are minor drawbacks then not a problem...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You should probably wait until its released. There are always drawbacks in a preview, always. If you don't want them, stand pat.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to wait for official 8.1 launch already hear people crying over store issues and some display related..obvious glitches because of drivers.
So just what to know what happens If I get cortana in India. How is it gonna affect my phone?
Hope people who have updated to 8.1 and changed region can help.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to wait for official 8.1 launch already hear people crying over store issues and some display related..obvious glitches because of drivers.
So just what to know what happens If I get cortana in India. How is it gonna affect my phone?
Its what beta testers do. They whine about things that is either new and or different. They really get cheesed off when they discover the smart phone is smarter than they are. For the record, most of what is in this is good. Some of it, really good. But its full of debug code. Its being tested and the analysis of it is being returned to Redmond which comes at a small price. For the most part, I could live with what it is. It is still buttery smooth on my 920. But if you are one who gets their feelings crushed easily, stand pat.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I have had the preview and faced no problems...but I do miss out on a lot of things...

Music and Xbox Games live tiles are gone...no album art...no FB integration but its a more fluidic..

Many people are facing issues so its.up to you !

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just wanna know how does it affect the phone if you change the region and language to get Cortana of course..

If you do change your Country/Region to US and the Regional Format to English US, The currency would become $, the date would be shown as MM/DD/YYYY and the temperature in Fahrenheit. Nothing else apart from this would change. I have been using the Developer Preview since 2 days now and am yet to face any serious issue.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If you do change your Country/Region to US and the Regional Format to English US, The currency would become $, the date would be shown as MM/DD/YYYY and the temperature in Fahrenheit. Nothing else apart from this would change. I have been using the Developer Preview since 2 days now and am yet to face any serious issue.
Great I read in wpc's article only that you can keep Regional format to India English and still have Cortana work. Anyway temperature is a minor issue can always change that in bing weather so not worried just last question hope there aren't any issue regarding location services?
Anyway thanks man you were of great help :)
Definitely getting Cortana when 8.1 is launched officially :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos