Can anyone tell me how to change Units in cortana's weather and calender from Fahrenheit to Celsius?

zu5be

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
how to change the default units. When i ask Cortana to answer some weather question she gives weather details in Fahrenheit. Then on asking her to covert it she gives the right details. The calender app is showing the same thing. If Microsoft is talking about sync between pc and Mobile app then why do we have this problem. Any solution will be appreciated.

andrewames

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Regarding Cortana, I don't think you can. Cortana is currently only available as a Beta in the US largely because international support simply isn't ready. I'm guessing this is one of those things that wasn't done (or its a bug).

That being said, you don't have to ask the forecast and then ask to convert it. At least for me, saying "What is the temperature tomorrow in Celsius" (or appending "in Celsius" to any weather requests immediately returns the response in Celsius.

Regarding the Calendar app, this is controlled via the phones "Regional Format", If you change the regional format to something else (like Canada) the Calendar app will show Celsius (at least on my device). This does not affect the availability of Cortana (so long as you leave Country/Region set to the United States).

Mickey Wheatley

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I told Cortana a few times to use celsius as the default and after a few times of working with her, she has started giving me the temp in celsius. She learns as you use her. I also set the region to UK so that celsius would be the default as well as 24 hour time when written.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I just asked her "What is the weather like in Celsius" and she displayed the weather properly. I think we'll just have to wait for a toggle but for now, I'm ok with this.

I then asked her to "show temperature in Celcius by default" and she made it default.

Last edited:

andrewames

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I then asked her to "show temperature in Celcius by default" and she made it default.

I've found that this only lasts until I leave the Cortana app. I think this is the app trying to be context aware (ie. if I ask the forecast in Celsius for one city and then ask the forecast for another city, its assumed I still want it in Celsius).

But this is all lost once I leave the app, so I don't think Cortana is actually personalizing anything for me.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the weather in Cortana? I'm looking for it and not seeing anything. I find it to be very inaccurate and off by many degrees. Mostly useless. Or maybe I needed more frequent updates.

EDIT: Found it . persistence pays off. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb