"Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" setting missing

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK on 8.1 dev preview and I don't have it either - looks like the WiFi remains connected all the time. I prefer it like that, personally but understand why people want choice.

Looks like battery saver handles all this. There is an "always - limits functions" option there, that seems to close all background apps and functions.

It would have, perhaps, been better if the options were more granular.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Missing, unlocked 620, Germany.
But like someone already posted: It drains battery more....sl keep it on isn't bad apart from a bit more radiation. My phone lasts the same after update.
I just turned off all the other stupid WiFi settings.

- Tapatalk -

Cristi Vizuroiu

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The strangest thing happened to my lumia 920.
Immediately AFTER getting the 8.1 update I ticked the option of keeping the wifi on.
To my surprise, after a couple of days, while wanting to disable this option, it was nowhere to be found.
Super bizarre...

Paul Boland

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the Nokia Lumia 820, here in Ireland, and I had a feeling my battery was being drained more since upgrading to the Windows Phone 8.1. And sure enough, my WiFi is on when the lockscreen times out. I checked and the option is missing on my phone too!! This is bad!! There has to be some way to turn off the WiFi when the phone screen is off, it's eating battery power :(!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital